Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>When Tax Revenue drops - they find a new tax
Cigary 03:14 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
The last time we threw chests of tea into Boston Harbor. This time we need to throw politicians into Boston Harbor. Keep your guns oiled and your powder dry.:-)
Ditto!!
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 03:15 PM 01-03-2009
[Reply]
Opusfxd 04:27 PM 01-03-2009
So if you go offroad, do you get a credit? Time to fire up the bicycles.
[Reply]
Asher 04:31 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Time for a revolution!!!

-
Over a mileage tax? I personally think this tax is a stupid idea, and there are a lot of things the government is doing with which I strongly disagree, but revolution is a word that should not be tossed about lightly.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 04:33 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by Asher:
Over a mileage tax? I personally think this tax is a stupid idea, and there are a lot of things the government is doing with which I strongly disagree, but revolution is a word that should not be tossed about lightly.
maybe he feels that way due to the compilation of :-) rolling down here.
[Reply]
cvm4 05:19 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by GoatLocker:
Oregon is not alone. Congress has prepared a proposal to increase federal gas tax, as has the California senate (and I'm sure most other states). If both the CA and FED taxes get through, I'll be paying some .30/gal more in gas taxes. Apparently, this is what we the people want, since "we" elected these clowns...:-) With one party in control, who will stand in their way?
True enough...Say hello to a 50% federal gas tax:

http://www.consumerenergyreport.com/...ds-50-gas-tax/
[Reply]
Tombstone 05:33 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by Asher:
You do understand that we are already taxed at 40-50% already?:-)
[Reply]
Asher 05:49 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
You do understand that we are already taxed at 40-50% already?:-)
This isn't a dictatorship or a banana republic. We have a lot of options for improving this country. Revolution should be a last resort, and in my opinion things are nowhere near bad enough for such a dramatic and devastating course of action.

I assume (hope!) that most of this is just overly dramatic hyperbole.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 06:03 PM 01-03-2009
[Reply]
Tombstone 06:07 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
:-)
[Reply]
Steve 07:50 PM 01-03-2009
I wonder if any politician remembers Boston, sometime around 1776?

Originally Posted by TripleF:
Time for a revolution!!!

-

[Reply]
macpappy 06:10 AM 01-04-2009
A revolution doesn't have to be violent or involve overthrowing the government with arms. It can also be a peaceful revolution which takes place every time we go to the voting booth. Instead of blindly voting for someone based solely on their political affiliation, we should show our displeasure with the government by voting those currently in office out of office. Elect people who will serve as our representative and the not the representative of the party they belong too. Vote against anyone who talks about keeping "their party" in power.
[Reply]
Smoking Dragon 06:52 AM 01-04-2009
That does it. I'm packing up the cigars and crossing the border into Mexico, illegally ofcourse. To give em 2 points to think about. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up