Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 3412 > Last »
General Discussion>What are you snuffing?
Emjaysmash 02:41 PM 01-03-2009
I have a tin of W.E. Garrets American Scotch Snuff and Dean's S.P.
I picked up The American Scotch as a n00b (I still am a snuff n00b) and now I love it. Awesome kick, and great flavor!
[Reply]
hurricane6 03:10 PM 01-03-2009
great, more stuff out there to keep me addicted to nicotine! I guess a new nicotine slope for me to try. last year was the snus slope-crashed and burned!
[Reply]
RHNewfie 06:37 PM 01-03-2009
This may be moronic but can someone explain snuff to me? I'd like to try snus someday though, the packeted stuff.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:43 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by RHNewfie:
This may be moronic but can someone explain snuff to me? I'd like to try snus someday though, the packeted stuff.
Nasal Snuff is a dryed, powdered form of tobacco. The user takes a pinch of say tobacco and sniffs it into the nose (ideally it should sit in the middle-front of the nose). There, nicotine is absorbed through the nasal membranes in the nose. These also have pleasant flavors which users can enjoy.

hope that helps :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:37 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Nasal Snuff is a dryed, powdered form of tobacco. The user takes a pinch of say tobacco and sniffs it into the nose (ideally it should sit in the middle-front of the nose). There, nicotine is absorbed through the nasal membranes in the nose. These also have pleasant flavors which users can enjoy.

hope that helps :-)
Good description. This link may also help:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2246532_use-...paign=yssp_art
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 03:57 PM 01-04-2009
Had some Samuel Gawith Cob Dark for the 1st time today. Very soapy flavor. Not my favorite but will try it again.

MCS
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:20 PM 01-15-2009
Been on a Toque Espresso binge for tha last couple days mixed with and occasional sniff of McChrystal's Original & Genuine for a menthol kick.

MCS
[Reply]
PartagasIV 09:43 PM 01-15-2009
How often does one take snuff (and how much), out of curiosity? Is the nic rush similar to packing a lip?
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:20 PM 01-15-2009
Originally Posted by PartagasIV:
How often does one take snuff (and how much), out of curiosity? Is the nic rush similar to packing a lip?
Some take it 30-40 times a day. Ive never packed a lip so i dunno how it compares.
[Reply]
shilala 02:30 AM 01-16-2009
When we were kids we used to get "Sniffin Snuff". It only takes a tiny pinch to blow your brains out. It burns your nose, makes your eyes water, and always reminded me of cinnamon. I went through a pile of it and never experienced any nicotine rush to speak of, but it definately opens up the sinuses.
I've got about 30 years of dipping snuff addiction under my belt and I don't get any rush, either.
If I were to compare early instances of cigars, chewing tobacco, dipping snuff, cigarettes and sniffing snuff, the dip and cigars definately hold the "whallop" for me. Sniffing snuff compares to filtered cigarettes, more or less. At least in my experience.
I'm sure there's probably more refined and more powerful sniffing snuff nowadays. The stuff we got when we were kids was in a 2 inch high by maybe 1 1/4" round tin can with a stamped lid if I recall correctly.
[Reply]
adampc22 03:27 AM 01-16-2009
i use meny meny snuffs i remeber makeing a post on cs ages ago asking if enybody used snuff not one person replyd lol arwell never mind lol gawith apricot is my fav
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:46 AM 01-16-2009

Depending on what sort of nasal snuff you're using, you will get quite the rush at the beginning. It usually only lasts a few minutes. The flavor can stay with you for hours. I haven't dipped since I was I was in high school so, I don't remember the nicotine effects of that.

MCS
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:48 AM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
When we were kids we used to get "Sniffin Snuff". It only takes a tiny pinch to blow your brains out. It burns your nose, makes your eyes water, and always reminded me of cinnamon. I went through a pile of it and never experienced any nicotine rush to speak of, but it definately opens up the sinuses.
I've got about 30 years of dipping snuff addiction under my belt and I don't get any rush, either.
If I were to compare early instances of cigars, chewing tobacco, dipping snuff, cigarettes and sniffing snuff, the dip and cigars definately hold the "whallop" for me. Sniffing snuff compares to filtered cigarettes, more or less. At least in my experience.
I'm sure there's probably more refined and more powerful sniffing snuff nowadays. The stuff we got when we were kids was in a 2 inch high by maybe 1 1/4" round tin can with a stamped lid if I recall correctly.
I think you might of got a can of American snuff. Some of the American snuff is quite a bit stronger than the European brands.

MCS
[Reply]
Starscream 08:29 AM 01-16-2009
Waiting for payday. Gonna get some nasal snuff to try.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:33 AM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Waiting for payday. Gonna get some nasal snuff to try.
Sweet! Tell us what you got, and how you like it!
[Reply]
DBall 09:57 AM 01-16-2009
paint, glue... oh, wait... er... um... "snuffing"? Nevermind...:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:45 AM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Sweet! Tell us what you got, and how you like it!
Thinking about going w/ this, along with some other types too:

http://www.marscigars.com/bespoke-christmasjoy.aspx
[Reply]
adampc22 12:15 PM 01-16-2009
snuff is tax free were i am its the only tobacco to be cigars and cigs and tobacoo have 360% tax but snuff is tax free its the only tobacco item i can get cheaper than u american guys lol
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:21 PM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Thinking about going w/ this, along with some other types too:

http://www.marscigars.com/bespoke-christmasjoy.aspx
That looks awesome. Now you can really say, "Hey, this smells like Christmas!!"
[Reply]
adampc22 02:54 AM 01-18-2009
THIS JUST IN A HAVE A NEW FAV SNUFF lol a few of u will no that a take alot of snuff i am talking to u mj and andrew i have a new fav snuff J&H WILSONS MEDICATED No99 its bloody awsome TRY IT
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 3412 > Last »
Up