Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Bedside Smoke?
Don Fernando 02:57 PM 01-03-2009
I can see myself smoking in the bathtub, unfortunately I don't have one.
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 08:43 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Huh...thats what that smell is....just kidding Don....
ANYHOW
The topic at hand...I must be very lucky (and is some cases stupid for no, a cigar cannot tell when you are asleep) for I do smoke in bed, both at night and in the morning....typically I have no standard go to, unless I want it to be a completely thoughtless...if that is the case, I do have a desktop (25ct) on my nightstand filled with Los Statos DeLuxe Delirios...
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 10:35 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
If I remember correctly, some dude on a different board said he smoked in the shower...

Wait was this from the cigar aficionado forums?
[Reply]
icehog3 11:55 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by Nimbus:
I have tried booking a room in a hotel that would permit smoking, but no go since most hotels have ban smoking in the hotel. :-)

There is absolutely no smoking in my house as well.
In Illinois, hotels are allowed to have up to 25% "smoking rooms" per the Illinois Smoking Ban.

Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
Wait was this from the cigar aficionado forums?
Found this on CS, but no pics...thank goodness.

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthr...ghlight=shower
[Reply]
bigliver 12:38 AM 01-04-2009
I've had dreams of smoking cigars. Does that count for "smoking before waking up?"

I don't smoke in the house at all. My daughter will not allow it as she hates the smell of cigars, and I have been fortunate enough not to piss my wife off enough to where I have to sleep in the garage yet, so I'm no help at all.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 01:27 AM 01-04-2009
not good for me to smoke in my room before going to sleep.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 01:28 AM 01-04-2009
I can see it too :-)
[Reply]
TravelingJ 02:23 AM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
In Illinois, hotels are allowed to have up to 25%
Yes, THANKFULLY. I'm sitting in one right now, enjoying a cigar. Been in this hotel for nearly 2 months, and only set off the smoke alarm twice, and never smoked in the bed itself.

I still blitz the room with Ozium after a smoke, to help with lingering odors, and the bathroom fan runs 24X7. At home I only smoke in the living room, basement, or smoking room. I think I might have had a cigar lit for half a minute when I stepped into the closet-but I ran back out when I realized what I was doing. The bedroom just doesn't seem the ideal place for lingering odors... although I guess depending on how willing and frisky the girlfriend was feeling, I might give a shot once :-)
[Reply]
havana_lover 03:07 AM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by bigliver:
I've had dreams of smoking cigars. Does that count for "smoking before waking up?"

I don't smoke in the house at all. My daughter will not allow it as she hates the smell of cigars, and I have been fortunate enough not to piss my wife off enough to where I have to sleep in the garage yet, so I'm no help at all.
wait, you said daughter? that means your the father, the bread winner, the man of the house -- and your daughter tells you what is allowed in your house?? :-)

I would love to see my father face if I tried to forbid him in doing anything in HIS house..

your wife I would understand, but one of the kids?? :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 03:12 AM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by havana_lover:
wait, you said daughter? that means your the father, the bread winner, the man of the house -- and your daughter tells you what is allowed in your house?? :-)

I would love to see my father face if I tried to forbid him in doing anything in HIS house..

your wife I would understand, but one of the kids?? :-)
I'm sure his wif dis allows it and he does not smoke in the house as a courtesy.
I rarely smoke in this one, but both parents did and brother and friends.
[Reply]
Django 03:14 AM 01-04-2009
Only one room in the house were i smoke, my home office.
So no smoking in bed, although the bedroom would make for a way nicer home office. :-)
But then again my bed would barely fit in my current home office.

I have a tub in which i could enjoy a cigar 1 x 1.4 meters (3.3 x 4.6 feet), but like i said no smoking outside the home office.
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 03:28 AM 01-04-2009
I smoke in the tub, its pretty good and helps me relax
[Reply]
havana_lover 03:28 AM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
I'm sure his wif dis allows it and he does not smoke in the house as a courtesy.
I can understand him not doing if no one in the family smokes. I no longer smoke in my house except at the huge bathroom window.. for a non smoker they can smell it weeks after someone smoked.. when my mother came for a visit I didnt smoke for over a month in my place cleaned everyone (well the cleaning lady did anyway) I couldnt smell anything. However mom walked in and said "you have been smoking cigars in here" I laughed thinking how did she know, she said I can smell it.. oh well she will get over it.. :-)

I was just trying picture my dad reaction if I said "hey pops, dont do that -- what were you thinking???" :-):-)

I too smoke in the tub, but I have to take everything out of the bathroom. Otherwise it stinks to high heaven in there, the towels clothes carpets everything..
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 03:33 AM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by havana_lover:
I can understand him not doing if no one in the family smokes. I no longer smoke in my house except at the huge bathroom window.. for a non smoker they can smell it weeks after someone smoked.. when my mother came for a visit I didnt smoke for over a month in my place cleaned everyone (well the cleaning lady did anyway) I couldnt smell anything. However mom walked in and said "you have been smoking cigars in here" I laughed thinking how did she know, she said I can smell it.. oh well she will get over it.. :-)

I was just trying picture my dad reaction if I said "hey pops, dont do that -- what were you thinking???" :-):-)

I too smoke in the tub, but I have to take everything out of the bathroom. Otherwise it stinks to high heaven in there, the towels clothes carpets everything..
I remember telling him they stank :-) Maybe I should have asked for one instead.
[Reply]
havana_lover 03:37 AM 01-04-2009
my father would have said something to this effect "dont like it, move out get your own place pay your own bills make your own rules. Till then, shut up and get over it" LOL

Or he would have smacked me in the back of the head!! LOL
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 03:38 AM 01-04-2009
I've had that speach, often some years.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:36 AM 01-04-2009
A cigar with a firm ash is welcome attribute when smoking in bed.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 09:14 AM 01-04-2009
It's amazing enough that some smoke in their house, but I can't believe people even consider smoking at bedside. If you want your bedroom to smell like a bar, why not take a dump on the bed, throwup, and whizz on the floor as well???
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:06 AM 01-04-2009
I like my bedroom, clothing, and bed linens to smell clean. No way would I do that. I wonder how a pillow smells after that? It might be difficult to get that odor out of it. Down comforters? No thanks on cleaning them frequently either..
Stale ashtray cigar smell for my wife? That isn't an option.
[Reply]
bigliver 11:33 AM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:

This is more accurate. My dad smokes cigarettes in his house and the smell of stale smoke is overwhelming every time I go visit. My daughter is only helping me to enforce my own rules.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up