Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Brent Musburger is the absolute worst sports
silentjon 04:53 AM 01-02-2009
Musburger is my least favorite announcer. I can not stand him.:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 05:35 AM 01-02-2009
My vote for worst sports announcer goes to Joe Morgan. It is literally painful to listen to his analysis of baseball games.
[Reply]
Tombstone 06:23 AM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
My vote for worst sports announcer goes to Joe Morgan. It is literally painful to listen to his analysis of baseball games.
I agree. When he did the Jackie Robinson special i almost vomited.:-)
[Reply]
cort 11:51 AM 01-02-2009
Whats wrong with him hyping up SC??:-)

He is damn annoying. But gotta love the results of the game.

I vote for Dan Fouts as the worst ever. I cannot stand that fool. He says the same thing about 97 times per game. Also he has had that beard since his college days. Everytime a game is on and I hear Fouts I reach for the mute button.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:07 PM 01-02-2009
TIM MCGARVER is by far the worst announcer. His comments are terrible, he makes the most obvious observations. I also dislike Musburger, Madden, and Vitale. All are terribly annoying with uninspiring commentary
[Reply]
rizzle 01:09 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
LOL!!!! ABC and ESPN both want to blow USC. :-) I think Musburger looks like a crossdresser.
X2

And yes, Brent Muskrat blows.
[Reply]
blugill 03:44 PM 01-08-2009
Alright bucking the apparent trend here I'm going to stick up for Brent Musberger. I really like his laid back style and his voice is mellow and soothing. He is one of the premier play by play men out there today outside of Al Michaels.

Brent is almost on par with Keith Jackson in my rather unpopular opinion but I do enjoy him.

I suppose it is a lot like cigars, you enjoy what you enjoy.
[Reply]
jgros001 09:03 AM 02-24-2009
I was looking for something and came across this (for some odd reason).....Brent Musburger is far and away my favorite announcer.....I love his style, voice, and what I would call a laid-back passion (not the overthetop Vitale passion). His college basketball work is a bit better than football, I think. He just seems like someone I could sit at the bar and throw back a couple and talk sports, and that is what I want from an announcer.....not someone who seems to be too good for the general public (Nance)....just as dry and boring as can be (Gumble)....too loud (Vitale)....too full of himself (Buck).....too opinionated (Packer)......Musburger just has that old time announcing quality that reminds me of the likes of Ernie Harwell and that generation of calling a game.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up