Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>New house
RevSmoke 07:59 PM 07-19-2016
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
Haha our house has an old style antique mail box that my wife really liked. I would like to keep it :-)
For those who do not know, a pastor is only ordained once - into the Office of the Holy Ministry - it is a special event. A pastor's first congregation is also a special event. While he "might" be installed again is he ever accepts another call and leaves, but... the first one is always special.

So, if you interested in helping Michael celebrate these special events which are the culmination of 8 years of schooling, christening his new home, and his first call, let me know.

I could give you the address of the congregation (and the name of the senior pastor) and I am sure they'd gladly hold onto gifts from friends to welcome him to his first call.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 10:24 PM 07-19-2016
haha thanks Rev. I will be ordained at my home church in NC on August 7th. I know you're probably busy but you are more than welcome to come lay hands on me if you like. Also, our/my church in Texas will be hosting the Brothers of John the Stedfast conference this coming winter. The weather will definitely be better than symposia.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:11 PM 07-20-2016
haha thanks Rev. I will be ordained at my home church in NC on August 7th. I know you're probably busy but you are more than welcome to come lay hands on me if you like. Also, our/my church in Texas will be hosting the Brothers of John the Stedfast conference this coming winter. The weather will definitely be better than symposia.
I'd love to come down and lay hands on you, but I want to go north in the summer not south. OK, the real reason is that I don't have time off to make such a trip.

As for Symposia, it is your opinion that Texas weather is better in winter than northern weather. I happen to unconditionally disagree. You see, I do not like summer. I prefer is cold!
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 11:14 PM 07-20-2016
haha I guess we will have to just agree to disagree. besides weather is non-fundamental doctrine anyway :-)
[Reply]
nutcracker 12:07 PM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:

I could give you the address of the congregation (and the name of the senior pastor) and I am sure they'd gladly hold onto gifts from friends to welcome him to his first call.
Todd - if you could give us an address, we could bomb the entire town back to the stone age. Young Michael is legendary for enjoying a good pounding by his BOTL!
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 12:18 PM 07-21-2016
haha Neil I thought maybe moving further south would be safer from your northern aggression.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:44 PM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
Todd - if you could give us an address, we could bomb the entire town back to the stone age. Young Michael is legendary for enjoying a good pounding by his BOTL!
I do not know if I want to post the congregation's address here on this thread, but if you (or anybody else) would e-mail me, I'd be glad to give it to you.

:-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 08:11 PM 08-07-2016
Today I was ordained at my home congregation in NC. I was a wonderful day. We close on our house in Texas on Wednesday and I will be installed at my new congregation on the 14th.
I'm the good looking one front and center :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:36 PM 08-07-2016
Congratulations, Micheal!
[Reply]
pnoon 08:38 PM 08-07-2016
Congrats, Michael. Based on your avatar. I never would have been able to pick you out in that picture.

God bless.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:41 PM 08-07-2016
Today I was ordained at my home congregation in NC. I was a wonderful day. We close on our house in Texas on Wednesday and I will be installed at my new congregation on the 14th.
I'm the good looking one front and center :-)
Thanks for the picture. You whole life and world will now change. Trust me!!!

God's blessings as you close on your house, are installed, and begin your life as an under-shepherd of the Good Shepherd.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
irratebass 06:02 AM 08-08-2016
:-) Congratulations Michael!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:29 AM 08-08-2016
:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:30 AM 08-08-2016
You must be very excited.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:43 AM 08-08-2016
Congratulations!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:07 AM 08-08-2016
Congratulations, Michael!
[Reply]
Dave128 10:29 AM 08-08-2016
Congratulations, Michael!
Your hard work has paid off.
[Reply]
hotreds 01:38 PM 08-08-2016
May God richly Bless you in your future endeavors!
[Reply]
DMK 02:08 PM 08-08-2016
Congrats !!

and..

DUCK !
[Reply]
jdakine 08:26 PM 08-08-2016
Congratulations.......
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up