Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
General Discussion>2016 Poker Chips....
Weelok 12:30 PM 12-18-2015
Ok, another suggestion. Soldiers through the ages and start with WW 2 so something like my favorite cigar smoking comic Sgt Rock

hotreds 01:08 PM 12-18-2015
with the other side saying " Cigar Asylum: supporting the troops since 1998." around the outer edge with an asylum in the center.
pnoon 02:00 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by hotreds:
with the other side saying " Cigar Asylum: supporting the troops since 2008." around the outer edge with an asylum in the center.
Fixed
hotreds 03:15 PM 12-18-2015
I wanted to include our time as Club Stogie.
nutcracker 05:05 PM 12-18-2015
Sgt. Rock! Yeah - I'll take a few of those!!!!
T.G 06:58 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Weelok:
Ok, another suggestion. Soldiers through the ages and start with WW 2 so something like my favorite cigar smoking comic Sgt Rock

Originally Posted by nutcracker:
Sgt. Rock! Yeah - I'll take a few of those!!!!

If is highly likely that "SGT Rock" is protected by copyright. To use the image would require written permission from the copyright holder.

"Something like" with less visual similarities on the other hand, would be doable if you have access to an artist. Lots of people wore that uniform in WWII.

Not an attorney, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn a few years ago for SoCal.

Oh wait, that was a Marriott. You're doomed.

Feel free to use pnoon's face instead. I'm copyrighting it as we speak. Call it the "Who is PNOON?" special commemorative edition.
AdamJoshua 07:09 PM 12-18-2015
In design "usually" the rule of thumb is you want to have a 10% difference between what you steal, I mean your inspiration and the finished product.

The Other Adam
T.G 07:15 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
In design "usually" the rule of thumb is you want to have a 10% difference between what you steal, I mean your inspiration and the finished product.

The Other Adam
Why would you want to steal my copyrighted pnoon images when I offered them to you to use for free? :-)

-The Other Other Adam
Chainsaw13 07:33 PM 12-18-2015
I am Adam!
icehog3 07:57 PM 12-18-2015
Who is pnoon?
hotreds 08:11 PM 12-18-2015
I think he's the guy they were referring to in the movie "High Noon."
AdamJoshua 08:34 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by T.G:
Why would you want to steal my copyrighted pnoon images when I offered them to you to use for free? :-)

-The Other Other Adam
Wait I had something for this, "I'm not bad I'm just drawn that way", no that wasn't it, ****. Come back to me.
Weelok 09:16 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by T.G:
If is highly likely that "SGT Rock" is protected by copyright. To use the image would require written permission from the copyright holder.

"Something like" with less visual similarities on the other hand, would be doable if you have access to an artist. Lots of people wore that uniform in WWII.

Not an attorney, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn a few years ago for SoCal.

Oh wait, that was a Marriott. You're doomed.

Feel free to use pnoon's face instead. I'm copyrighting it as we speak. Call it the "Who is PNOON?" special commemorative edition.
You are absolutely correct and for the fun of it, let me contact Marvel and see if they will give me copyright permission since this is a non profit activity and a one time event.
Weelok 10:38 PM 12-18-2015
Ok I sent an email off to the Warner Bros legal dept asking them for permission to use the Sgt Rock likeness for a one time use buy on poker chips. It's actually DC Comics that owns the copyright. My experience is if there is a chance they will respond with a request for what image we want to use. If there is no hope I will get a stern two sentence reply hah
nutcracker 08:16 AM 12-19-2015
[quote=T.G;2066824
"Something like" with less visual similarities on the other hand, would be doable if you have access to an artist. .[/QUOTE]

So I know a decent artist (he did my stickers and avatar for me) it would dead easy to do a more modern marine with a stogie in his mouth.

Would actually be SGT Rock, but an updated modern warrior.
T.G 08:44 AM 12-19-2015
You are absolutely correct and for the fun of it, let me contact Marvel and see if they will give me copyright permission since this is a non profit activity and a one time event.
Ok I sent an email off to the Warner Bros legal dept asking them for permission to use the Sgt Rock likeness for a one time use buy on poker chips. It's actually DC Comics that owns the copyright. My experience is if there is a chance they will respond with a request for what image we want to use. If there is no hope I will get a stern two sentence reply hah
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
So I know a decent artist (he did my stickers and avatar for me) it would dead easy to do a more modern marine with a stogie in his mouth.

Would actually be SGT Rock, but an updated modern warrior.

The poker chips are Mike's project, I have no more say in them than anyone else. Having actual artwork available for the decision process might be helpful but ultimately, what he chooses to go with for artwork is between him and I believe the TOE, as "Cigar Asylum" is also trademarked.
Remo 08:50 AM 12-19-2015
I am looking for ideas and a consensus of what you folks would like to see, like Adam said all ideas need ToE approval, I have an artist and a chip company and the last few group buys have been very smooth, if you would like to see some sort of troop support chip this year I think that would be cool or do a standard CA style chip and maybe a special run of troop support chips for when we do auctions :-)
pnoon 10:43 AM 12-19-2015
Ideas don't need approval. Only what you finally decide to go with.
If there are specific issues with an idea, we'll comment here. But Tom & I don't plan on vetting each and every idea posted here.
Remo 10:53 AM 12-19-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Ideas don't need approval. Only what you finally decide to go with.
If there are specific issues with an idea, we'll comment here. But Tom & I don't plan on vetting each and every idea posted here.
Ya, I meant final ideas :-)
pnoon 10:53 AM 12-19-2015
Originally Posted by Remo:
Ya, I meant final ideas :-)
:-)
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up