Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>601 lovers take heed
duckmanco 04:46 PM 12-29-2008
Originally Posted by Drazzil:
Heads up folks. I SERIOUSLY wouldn't order from Thompson. Their sticks arrive dried out and they are also under a court order to disclose credit card info addresses and purchase amounts for state tax purposes, and even before this they willingly handed out such info. Add to this the horrible customer support and the fact that they sell and rent your customer info to the highest bidder, and you have a perfect shitstorm of charlie foxtrot proportions.

There are multiple threads on multiple forums about this issue(s) and I would exercise a serious amount of Caveat Emptor about ordering from this site.
Wow, I knew they were bad going in, but not quite that bad. I thought I may get a few extra catalogs and some sales calls, but f*ck me that doesn't sound like anything I want to do deal with. Wait and see I guess.
[Reply]
Cigary 07:08 AM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by duckmanco:
Wow, I knew they were bad going in, but not quite that bad. I thought I may get a few extra catalogs and some sales calls, but f*ck me that doesn't sound like anything I want to do deal with. Wait and see I guess.
Yessirree Bob,,,,when dealing w/Thompsons the only thing you want them to get right is the address they are sending smokes to and let them know that it is a temporary address that you will cancel after you get your order. It would have to be an extraordinary sale for me to order from these pin heads. I moved from San Diego to Atlanta and these guys found me as I didn't leave a forwarding address. They should license themselves and go after Bin Laden,,,I'm sure they could ferret out this a$$hole in a couple of weeks.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 01:27 PM 12-30-2008
I ordered a humidor from them, and aside from one phone call nearly a year ago and the occasional catalog (hey, I like to look at cigars, regardless of the company), they haven't bothered me.
[Reply]
duckmanco 03:41 PM 01-02-2009
UPDATE:

Got my order of (40) 601 robustos, split among the BP maduro, and the Habano Oscuro Tronco. These things are in perfect condition, and surprisingly, don't appear to be too wet, nor too dry. Of course, this is all based on the "pinch the foot" test, which I use to gauge how the draw will be. The only issue I noticed, has to do with the BP maduros; they seem to be not quite as boxed pressed as the ones in the box I purchased. I am betting that TACUBA presses this cigar, using the cedar box they ship in. I noticed with the box I purchased a few months back that the cello seemed to be MORE than skin tight to the cigars and even had some indentations in it. So, with these 5 packs, the box press is not quite as sharp, but this really is splitting hairs, as the press is still there, they look perfect, and smell like mocha'ey barnyard greatness. The troncos are perfect as well.

So, so far, I am very pleased with my order but of course, I am waiting for Thompson to bother/screw me........I'll update then too.
[Reply]
joeybear 09:07 PM 01-02-2009
I made two separate orders with Thompson. Total of 60 601s (20 each of the red, green, and blue) and 20 LFD 600s. I had no issues at all and have not received any phone calls or anything hinky so far and it's been over a month. All cigars were received in ideal condition, too.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up