Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Guillotine, V-Cutter, Punch Cutter
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 11:14 PM 02-23-2015
Originally Posted by DaBear:
Personally, I v-cut all box pressed sticks, and straight cut everything else. Just something about how it feels to v-cut a box pressed
This pretty much how I operate these days. Never though much of the V Cut but then I ended up with one and I really like it on box pressed cigars.

I have a couple punches but don't use them often.
[Reply]
azar 01:11 AM 02-24-2015
I use the guillotine more times then not but to change it up I will punch just for fun.
Mack
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:57 AM 02-24-2015
I like a V cut but will use a straight cut on sticks with a hard draw.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:40 AM 02-24-2015
Much like an engine, you need the proper air/gas (smoke in our case) ratio to get the most out of it. By not using a a full cut, I find the that air/smoke ratio is way off and I never get the full flavor if I punch or do any other cut that restricts air flow. Since a guillotine cut gives you more surface area for air to flow freely, so does the flavor.

:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:32 AM 02-24-2015
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Much like an engine, you need the proper air/gas (smoke in our case) ratio to get the most out of it. By not using a a full cut, I find the that air/smoke ratio is way off and I never get the full flavor if I punch or do any other cut that restricts air flow. Since a guillotine cut gives you more surface area for air to flow freely, so does the flavor.

:-)
My Thoughts, Exactly, Although I Have All 3 Cutters.:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up