Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
General Discussion>Cuba relations thawing
pnoon 02:13 PM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
iPhones are perfectly legal, yet you can buy counterfeits in just about every electronics shop in Hong Kong.

Ever seen a booze rack at the store in Mexico? They even counterfeit their own tequila.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean the people will be smart enough to realize that the bargain they are getting is because what they are buying is not authentic. People will buy what is cheap, and they'll do it more freely since there would be no repercussions.
Hey Adam, Wanna buy a Rolex? :-)
[Reply]
T.G 02:33 PM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Hey Adam, Wanna buy a Rolex? :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Remo 02:37 PM 12-17-2014
CA group trip to Cuba?…Epic!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:18 PM 12-17-2014
"Oh I'm sure it's Cuban, the guy at the cigar place is the friend of a friend and he got it from a drawer hidden under the counter." :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:19 PM 12-17-2014
:-)
Oh thought he was talking to me, I already have a Rolox and a Movodo!
[Reply]
markem 03:23 PM 12-17-2014
People will buy what is cheap, and they'll do it more freely since there would be no repercussions.
Image :-)
[Reply]
Solafide 03:34 PM 12-17-2014
LoL I just heard on the news.. and the first reaction and self centered thought I instinctively had was CIGARS.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 03:41 PM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by Solafide:
LoL I just heard on the news.. and the first reaction and self centered thought I instinctively had was CIGARS.
I thought of Cuban women.:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 03:49 PM 12-17-2014
Not too concerned about cigars either way, but I have two words for you.
Legendario Elixir! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 03:57 PM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
I thought of Cuban women.:-)
:-) :-) you better make sure they're not fake
[Reply]
markem 04:02 PM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Legendario Elixir! :-):-):-)
Fine if you bring it back, but if it is imported, expect the California prices to, well, make a trip to Cuba to buy it seem affordable.
[Reply]
TNT009 04:19 PM 12-17-2014
About damn time!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:47 PM 12-17-2014
President needs a win to go on his legacy beyond killing Bin Laden. This is a good move as it will polarize many GOP candidates unless they join the band wagon.

Rubio does not stand a chance as becoming president right now.

Many Americans don't understand the whole embargo at this point and I am glad to see this moving forward, but some skepticism is inevitable when the government does anything.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 05:06 PM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Congress has a lot to say about that, and from all I've read, it won't be an easy fight.
Very true. But the new Congress will be extremely business friendly, and business stands to profit the most from the lifting of the embargo. I give it two years at the outside. :-)
[Reply]
Drphilwv 05:18 PM 12-17-2014
I've had some Cuban rum while traveling. It was quite nice. I'm excited about the prospect of a nice box of CC being shipped to my mailbox with a half case of Havana Club
[Reply]
JohnRogers 05:19 PM 12-17-2014
The embargo has been obvious failure. The USA has a policy of changing China through engagement, yeah I kind of just rolled my eyes. Perhaps real change to Cuba can come from engagement. Raul Castro seems to hint he is open to change in Cuba. As we get excited about cigars we shouldn't forget Cuba is run by a brutal regime.

Does anybody know if human rights under Raul has been vastly improved?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:53 PM 12-17-2014
I don't care much about being able to get cigars or rum as a reason to lift the embargo. Human rights and quality of life for the Cuban people are more important than scoring a box of Cohibas...
[Reply]
icehog3 06:44 PM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
Very true. But the new Congress will be extremely business friendly, and business stands to profit the most from the lifting of the embargo. I give it two years at the outside. :-)
Hmmmm....I will put up 5 Padrons to your 5 Habanos that it's not completely lifted by Dec. 17, 2016. :-) :-) I'm not sure, but I think I have a decent chance to win that bet.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:29 PM 12-17-2014
Funny, I was talking to the Singapore Habanos distributor the other night and he has much respect for NC's and for the obvious reasons; quality of the aged tobacco and consistent construction. Habanos smokers put up with a lot quality issues that are near non-existent on NC's. I am leaving the flavor differences out of the equation; those are personal preferences.

Line up 500 cigars; both Habanos and good NC's. How many NC's will be plugged vs. Habanos?
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 07:31 PM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hmmmm....I will put up 5 Padrons to your 5 Habanos that it's not completely lifted by Dec. 17, 2016. :-) :-) I'm not sure, but I think I have a decent chance to win that bet.
As long as you aren't betting Gurkhas, I'll accept your gentlemanly wager. After all, I have K Street on my side. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up