Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Do you ever relight a cigar after you put it out?
cmdrmcbragg 10:55 PM 07-21-2014
I can't do a prolonged re-light. Aside from "if you don't like the way it tastes anymore, stop smoking it", the other best piece of advice that helped my in progress cigar smoking was "don't re-light unless it has just gone out." Each one I have paid the price for once before and learned why I was told each: your smoke will suck and you will not enjoy it.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:41 AM 07-22-2014
Yup!:-)
[Reply]
the jiggler 08:55 AM 07-22-2014
Depends on how emotionally attached to the cigar I am.
[Reply]
czerbe 11:02 AM 07-22-2014
I do after a short amount of time I try not to let anything sit for more then 30 min. I will say once they go out for a min or two...they never taste the same... to me anyway
[Reply]
ky70 01:08 PM 07-22-2014
I definitely relight any cigar that I'm enjoying. I don't bother knocking off the ash, I light around the edges of the warpper...takes less than 5 seconds.
[Reply]
Trackmyer 05:58 PM 07-23-2014
If Im working on a machine and it goes out waiting for me to pick it back up, and its less than 30 min., yes.

Otherwise no.
[Reply]
Indy-hp 09:10 PM 07-23-2014
Like others, I will relight if it goes out while I'm smoking it or I have to put it down for a few minutes, but not otherwise.
[Reply]
shilala 07:21 AM 07-24-2014
I clear my cigar every time I sit it down thinking I might not get back to it. That means I just blow all the smoke out of it. I sit it down so the ash end is angled up and smoke won't regather in the cigar.
I don't put it out, I let it go out on it's own.
If I do that, I can pick up the cigar later, spark it up, and it's just as good as when I sat it down. No wet ashtray taste whatsoever. I've smoked cigars that sat a couple days, just to see if they were still good. Perfectly fine.
A cigarette smoker taught me that trick. I was truly amazed that it works with cigars as good as he guessed it would.
[Reply]
Heavy_d 11:24 AM 07-25-2014
I will if they've just gone out, or if I have to run inside to do something for a couple minutes and it goes out. I don't think I've ever let anything sit over 15 minutes between it going out and relighting, but that's probably about my limit, unless it was a really good cigar.
[Reply]
heyferg 06:19 PM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by shilala:
I clear my cigar every time I sit it down thinking I might not get back to it. That means I just blow all the smoke out of it. I sit it down so the ash end is angled up and smoke won't regather in the cigar.
I don't put it out, I let it go out on it's own.
If I do that, I can pick up the cigar later, spark it up, and it's just as good as when I sat it down. No wet ashtray taste whatsoever. I've smoked cigars that sat a couple days, just to see if they were still good. Perfectly fine.
A cigarette smoker taught me that trick. I was truly amazed that it works with cigars as good as he guessed it would.

I'm going to have to give this a try. Thanks for the tip! :-)
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 06:22 PM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by Heavy_d:
I will if they've just gone out, or if I have to run inside to do something for a couple minutes and it goes out. I don't think I've ever let anything sit over 15 minutes between it going out and relighting, but that's probably about my limit, unless it was a really good cigar.
This is how it's been for me too. I'm going to try doing what Shilala described the next time I need to leave a cigar for an unpredictable amount of time.
[Reply]
Steve 06:45 PM 07-25-2014
Depends. Sometimes, yeah, I'll relight. It kind of depends on the cigar and he reason and time I set it down. But if I think I may have to let a cigar sit for long enough for it to go out, I purge it before I set it down.
[Reply]
makers_fiend 04:06 PM 07-30-2014
I have always cut about 1" off from the foot and purged. If there wouldn't be enough left to smoke after the cut I trash it.
[Reply]
Tidefan73 03:15 PM 08-08-2014
Cigars will go out from time to time, for various reasons.

I just tap off the ash, purge and fire it back up!!! Unless its been there for a while...>30 min.
[Reply]
badbriar 08:48 PM 08-09-2014
Originally Posted by JohnRogers:
Almost ten years about as long as I have smoked cigars but I have never had to let one rest and go out while being tasked by the wife.
. UH- HUH...
:-)
[Reply]
badbriar 08:50 PM 08-09-2014
Originally Posted by Indy-hp:
Like others, I will relight if it goes out while I'm smoking it or I have to put it down for a few minutes, but not otherwise.
What Henry said. Just a few minutes max. Much more, they turn into zombie sticks! :-)
[Reply]
Solafide 12:22 PM 08-26-2014
Typically no, I will if something comes up or I can't finish the stogie for whatever reason and save it for later.
[Reply]
meatcake 09:48 AM 08-27-2014
I used to smoke one one cigar all day long at work. Between 2 fifteen minute brakes and a Lunch I could finish one toro. But even with the purge, the taste on relight was never as good as smoking through the whole cigar. So for the most part I either skip it now, or bring petite coronas and just smoke part of one at lunch.
[Reply]
WaRevo 01:50 PM 09-12-2014
Re light. Yes I will relight and have many many times in my smoking life. Now I will say there have been times that I will buy a cigar special for my son and I and after a few puffs he will be like OMG dad I can't smoke this because it is to strong for him. So he isn't disappointed I will be like ok go get one you like out of the Humi and some days we are out and need to buy him one we know he likes. Anyway when I spend good money on a Stick if my son don't smoke it I have and will always smoke it later. ummm I have to say that even the other day I pulled one out of my trucks ashtray that I keep looking at every time we go somewhere in the last week. Pulled it out dusted off the ash and lite that up. Smoked rather nice i will say. I can't say I understand it really seeing it has only been like 12 to 18% rh a few days where it was in the 40 and 50% range and it smoked nice. Last year Winter time i had a cigar of his that was nasty and only a day old... I have even smoked a few that my wife wouldn't finish either. Sometimes I just don't want to buy anything other then Cigars I know they both will smoke. My wife most days now just keeps telling me she will stay with the pipe while we smoke cigars. I am not the Typical pipe and cigar smoker

James
[Reply]
markem 01:57 PM 09-12-2014
I just relit a 60's HUpmann corona. Hope that I didn't break any rules.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up