Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>What was your first?
hammondc 06:15 PM 05-09-2014
First cigar ever- Black n Mild.
Gateway cigar - Cusano 18
fist slippery slope cigar - Cohiba Siglo X1
[Reply]
Heavy_d 06:36 PM 05-09-2014
First cigar- Backwwods in the pouch.

First real cigar was a non-Cuban Romeo y Julieta.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 07:56 PM 05-09-2014
First ever was a backwoods from my brother. Cool, we looked like green Clint Eastwoods. First premium was an acid kuba kuba. Not bad. First "real" cigar was a HDM dark Sumatra. Now we're talking. First cc was a party short that gophernut laid on me. That was almost a religious experience.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 10:11 PM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
First ever was a backwoods from my brother. Cool, we looked like green Clint Eastwoods. First premium was an acid kuba kuba. Not bad. First "real" cigar was a HDM dark Sumatra. Now we're talking. First cc was a party short that gophernut laid on me. That was almost a religious experience.
So far you are the first one to mention Acids as one of the first. It is interesting since I hear a lot of guys talk about how that is what a lot of people start on. Not knocking them just interesting. My first cc was a week ago it was unbounded from a buddy who has a buddy haha so I'm not sure what it was but you could definitely tell a difference. :-)
[Reply]
RWhisenand 10:45 PM 05-09-2014
The first cigar I smoked was some service station pick up. The first cigar I smoked that left any impression was a Macanudo I had with a friend while in college. I think I had a few of those before stopping for awhile.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 11:31 PM 05-09-2014
Hmmm...I think it was a swisher sweet wood tip from a gas station back in the mid 90s.
[Reply]
jjirons69 10:01 AM 05-10-2014
Hav-a-tampa with birchwood tip. My dad smoked them, so that meant I did, too. First real cigar would have been something from a Thompson's sampler, if that's what you call a real cigar.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:48 AM 05-10-2014
Partagas black label at Barona while playing Craps
[Reply]
Remo 11:57 AM 05-10-2014
The first "real" cigar that hot me hooked was a Macanudo.
[Reply]
Gabe215 12:08 PM 05-10-2014
First cigar was when I was about 8 years old with my friends-Macanudos (Churchill sized) that we stole from my friends Dad's box, disgusting cigars!

17 years later cigar that got me going was Tat Black Lanceros!
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 06:23 PM 05-10-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
So far you are the first one to mention Acids as one of the first. It is interesting since I hear a lot of guys talk about how that is what a lot of people start on. Not knocking them just interesting. My first cc was a week ago it was unbounded from a buddy who has a buddy haha so I'm not sure what it was but you could definitely tell a difference. :-)
The guy that pushed me down the slope loved acids and still does. I had my share of kubas, juicy Lucy, natural dirt, and Javas when I started. I probably smoked those for a couple of months then moved on. I've tried to smoke them since, but they're just too sweet for me now. No knock on Drew estates here either. They were a great place to start.
[Reply]
BamBam 07:17 PM 05-10-2014
First ever "cigar" was a King Edwards on a hiking excursion. Followed shortly thereafter by a AF Curly Head Deluxe. Followed shortly thereafter by hundreds and hundreds of others.

Years later, still love a good cigar, and now have moved primarily to pipes. However, cigars were my first love, and helped get me through some tough times. My humidor will always be stocked for when the mood strikes.
[Reply]
Brlesq 08:05 PM 05-10-2014
Ha! First one was when I was 11 years old and my grandfather caught me and my 13 year old cousin smoking a cigarette. He took us out behind the barn and told us "If you're going to smoke, you're going to smoke like a man!" He handed us each a Philly Blunt (the kind that he smoked). We both turned green and puked!

Years later my first adult smoke was a Macanudo Hyde Park when I was about 23 years old with some coworkers. I was hooked, and have smoked cigars ever since (for the past 26 years).
[Reply]
mikesr1963 06:58 PM 05-14-2014
Swisher Sweet Tipped Cigar around 1975. I was 12 and got it out of my brother's car. Didn't get sick, didn't bother me.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:10 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by mikesr1963:
Swisher Sweet Tipped Cigar around 1975. I was 12 and got it out of my brother's car. Didn't get sick, didn't bother me.
Same here, but in boot camp in 1981.
[Reply]
WeekendSmoker 07:40 AM 05-15-2014
Punch - it came in a sampler - from Honduras. Liked it, didn't love it.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 08:12 AM 05-15-2014
For me, I'm pretty sure it was a swisher sweet in high school.

An Oliva Serie O and a Taboo Twist is what really whetted my appetite.
[Reply]
dvickery 08:51 AM 05-15-2014
" its a boy "

derrek
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 09:44 AM 05-15-2014
King Arthur Perfecto as a 15 y/o.

moving forward a few years,a girl I was dating managed to get some CCs for me from a trip. Those opened up my interest.
[Reply]
hotreds 03:49 PM 05-15-2014
Temple Hall Estates at a wedding that had a cigar box for guests. That got me hooked and I am much the poorer in one sense and much the richer in another!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up