Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Strip off the cello and back in the box to age?
Yes! 6 7.50%
No! 46 57.50%
Eh, whatever. They are sleeping for a couple years it won't matter. 28 35.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>A specific aging question.
Gogi73 08:30 AM 02-19-2014
I think its fine to leave the cello on, but I don't think something will happen if you strip it and leave the sticks in the humidor without touching them prior to smoking.
[Reply]
8zeros 08:49 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Yep,I leave them as they came.
This is what I do.
I think the cellophane question is the first thing I internet searched for about cigar care. That led to a lot of reading. A long time ago.
But I have never found out what the perfect temperature and humidity is for cello vs uncello cigars. NC or CC. Whether to leave them in the glass top box or switch them to the desktop humidor.
[Reply]
shilala 10:31 AM 02-19-2014
I leave them as they came. Cello breathes. It lets the smokes get ready nice and slow.
I don't leave boxes open if they don't have cello.
I used to like to take cigars out of the cello to move them along faster. Then I figured out that if I got another box of the same sticks, the second box would be getting ready while I was smoking the first one.
Then I ended up with way too many cigars.
[Reply]
badbriar 11:25 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by jhedrick83:
Wait - that's Clinton...wasn't his thing 'Cigar In' ???
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Sadden 04:24 PM 02-19-2014
No out. Thats how he got in trouble remember? His was unwrapped
[Reply]
dave 11:38 AM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by jhedrick83:
Ok guys, ..... cello off and put the back in the box to rest? .....I don't want this to devolve into the worn out cello vs no. ........ I hate seeing the same thread over and over........
Huh?????
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:53 AM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by dave:
Huh?????
It's very simple dave, he will open the box, take each stick out of the cello, then place the sticks carefully back in the box. In the future will leave them how they were shipped to me and put them in my precious .. I mean my Aristocrat.
[Reply]
dave 12:10 PM 03-10-2014
That clears things up. Thanks, Adam. What sort of cello-ed sticks are we aging nowadays? I admit that I have a few, but they were almost always mistakes that I didn't buy again. I've found that generally, I regret having bought NC cigars that needed rest. Certainly, there haven't been any that recall that I would have agonized over whether taking cello off might help.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:26 PM 03-10-2014
It doesn't matter to the aging process, at least from my experience. However, I leave them on for 2 reasons:
1) I am too lazy to take them off.
2) It does give the cigars some protection in the eventual jostling that takes place when you play box tetris.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd
[Reply]
icehog3 01:18 PM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Makes no difference, cello is porous. Leaving it on will prevent some of the damage cigars can get jostling them around. I'd leave it on, but it's personal preference.
Where have I heard this before?
[Reply]
mk05 01:52 PM 03-10-2014
No no no! You guys are missing the point. First it was hard wax on cheese, now it's cellophane and cedar covers on cigars. God help us. It's complicated things like cellophane and cedar wraps that confuse even the most scholarly and erudite among us into propagating the misconception that packaging can be consumed as well. Cello off please.

Just a joke...
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:01 PM 03-10-2014
LOL that's some hard core shizznit here, balla be smokin.

I do find I get an uneven burn on the cello and quite a bit of shrinkage, but then there's still plenty left over. :-)
[Reply]
jhedrick83 02:54 PM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
It's very simple dave, he will open the box, take each stick out of the cello, then place the sticks carefully back in the box. In the future will leave them how they were shipped to me and put them in my precious .. I mean my Aristocrat.
:-)
[Reply]
jhedrick83 02:56 PM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
LOL that's some hard core shizznit here, balla be smokin.

I do find I get an uneven burn on the cello and quite a bit of shrinkage, but then there's still plenty left over. :-)
I thought you were supposed to light the end of the cello to light the cigar? Kinda like the tapered end of a Perfecto. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up