Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Seasoning Humidor ceday trays.
stearns 01:45 PM 02-17-2014
Damn.. been doing it wrong this whole time. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways vinny :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:05 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Ben - you pack the trays in kitty litter, and ship them in a big zip loc bag :-)
Originally Posted by stearns:
Damn.. been doing it wrong this whole time.
Yes. Yes you have.

[Reply]
stevieray 02:31 PM 02-17-2014
"When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are."
[Reply]
mk05 02:41 PM 02-17-2014
Here's a good compromise. Get about 5 gallons of CVS distilled water, fill up your bathtub with it, and then chuck your trays in there. Keep them in there until the wood becomes soft to touch. Pat dry and I guarantee that they will be, "saturated."
[Reply]
badbriar 09:04 PM 03-18-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
But who has the biggest nutz?

You gotta stop! My stomach is killing me from laughing! This is freaking hilarious! :-)
Look what you started Ben!
:-). :-). :-)
[Reply]
badbriar 09:05 PM 03-18-2014
Originally Posted by MrClean:
I seasoned my drawers and shelves, but mine are in a cooler so the only moisture in it are the cigars and beads. When they arrived, they were very dry, you could tell just by touching them. I wiped them down with distiller water, which basically just got the dust remnants off. I put 2 bowls of distilled water in the cooler with clean sponges. I did remove my cigars. Humidity dropped to the low 50's for a few days, then climbed to 80% and stayed there for a week, whole process was about 12 days. The wood had a difference I could feel, I was actually surprised. That was just my experience, but the humidity the shelves will absorb has to come from somewhere.
:-)
[Reply]
MUNKY 01:40 PM 03-19-2014
I put mine in the dishwasher and have no worries about lint free anything LOL!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up