Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>That time o' year....CA Top Ten of 2013
bruceolee 02:36 PM 12-17-2013
:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 02:42 PM 12-17-2013
Tom loves his Gurkha specialness. I do believe he is still reserving the one (or several) I sent him years ago for a very "special" occasion.
[Reply]
bruceolee 03:48 PM 12-17-2013
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Tom loves his Gurkha specialness. I do believe he is still reserving the one (or several) I sent him years ago for a very "special" occasion.
Did you know Tom has 2 yorkies named Cremosa and Gurkha? He's trained them to each fetch their namesake :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:39 PM 12-17-2013
My PM to Jason was in response to his PM to me, I was so flabbergasted that I actually thought I liked Gurkhas for a moment.

Originally Posted by bruceolee:
I like to wear short dresses and dance in front of the mirror. Do you think I'm pretty, Tom? I so want to be loved.

[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 04:43 PM 12-17-2013
Don't confuse the whipper snapper! He isn't right in the head...
[Reply]
bruceolee 04:49 PM 12-17-2013
Tom we all want to be loved and i think i have a great sense of style. I'm just MAN enough to explore my feminine side. Plus do you know how hot it gets down here? A nice summer dress really keeps the vinegar smell to minimum if you know what I mean. :-)
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 04:50 PM 12-17-2013
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
Tom we all want to be loved and i think i have a great sense of style. I'm just MAN enough to explore my feminine side. Plus do you know how hot it gets down here? A nice summer dress really keeps the vinegar smell to minimum if you know what I mean. :-)
man...
[Reply]
icehog3 05:32 PM 12-17-2013
:-)
[Reply]
bruceolee 05:35 PM 12-17-2013
Apologies for the thread hijack! I don't care much for a cigar of the year or top ten list at all. I think the industry puts way too much stock in lists and ratings. The hype of "buy our cigar it's a 94 rated smoke by CA" What does that even mean? I guess people just love putting stats on everything. Growing the tobacco, Aging it, Rolling it, and finally the finished product. I enjoy the mystery of why a cigar tastes so good. Why is it that a cigar tastes pretty good fresh but in 5 years of aging it can become simply amazing and ethereal? I don't know honestly but then you go through the thoughts of "well, if it tastes good after 5 years buried in my humidor what will 6 years taste like?" There's a joy in the mystery of not knowing all the time. I remember some group tested the PH and chemical profile of the soil in the pinar del rio province and then tried to recreate it in a lab and grew tobacco in that synthetic soil and then made cigars from that soil. Why? I guess people want to quantify mystery sometimes. I do not and I guess that's just me.
[Reply]
DirtRider500R 03:36 PM 12-18-2013
Had #4, thought it was good. I'm intrigued with #3.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 03:54 PM 12-18-2013
7. Buenaventura BV560
A great cigar that I could find, not going to be happy if it's going to make it hard to find.
[Reply]
ky70 12:18 PM 12-19-2013
I thought the top 10 was pretty good but they lost me with most of 11 - 25.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 06:59 PM 12-21-2013
Just looked at the best bargain cigars of 2013 and there are a ton of 50 and less rg on that list (for obvious reasons). Perhaps the smaller smokes we love will get a second glance.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up