Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Remembering those lost on 9/11, 2001
Zane 09:28 AM 09-11-2013
A day to remember for sure. Every year they setup the same thing on one of the bridges. Always great to see.

[Reply]
Remo 09:31 AM 09-11-2013
Never Forget...my 5 y.o daughter was wondering why all the flags were out in the neighborhood while driving her to school today, a little hard to explain to her just yet.
[Reply]
Dave128 09:34 AM 09-11-2013
I will always remember what I was doing on that aweful day.

:-) Never Forget.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 10:51 AM 09-11-2013
Never forget!!! Thank you to all first responders. I had 2 cousins in the building and they got out safely.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:55 AM 09-11-2013
Joined the Army in '89 wasn't expecting the wild ride I ended up taking.

Lost a couple friends in the WTC, people I had worked with in the past, but I think everyone lost something that day.
[Reply]
shark 05:33 PM 09-11-2013
It was almost surreal watching fighter planes doing CAP over my house, instead of the usual commercial traffic. And the eerie quiet, as well not only from lack of airport noise but from lack of traffic in general. It was almost like America was holding her breath, waiting for something else to happen.

We lost a lot that day, Adam. Our innocence, our cocky self-assuredness, but we will never lose two things. Our resolve, and our sense of justice.
[Reply]
Lockspur 09:27 PM 09-11-2013
I was working for a local news station at the time. I was privy to videos that no one ever saw. Shockingly sobering.

A day or so later I put together a tribute to close out our newscast. (edit...I was a video editor for the evening news).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDvhtexzbI

Hope ya don't mind me posting it.
[Reply]
ashtonlady 09:42 PM 09-11-2013
I was getting my kids off to school, and like many thought it was a small plane that hit the tower. I got on the cigar board I was on and learned more, one of my friends lost family in the towers, one got out alive. One that I know was in the pentagon. But hearing the play by play from someone standing in the area gave it a different feeling for me, it made it real.
My husband was working in a high rise in the Seattle area. And all I could do is pray. So yes, I dont forget. Hugs sent to all.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up