< 12 3 >
Entertainment>iOS 7 announced
CasaDooley 10:46 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by cort:
And bad ass!!!
Why yes, yes it is...so far. :-)
[Reply]
chaase321 10:52 AM 09-19-2013
Downloaded this morning. I like it more than the old OS already...hopefully there aren't any glitches that come up.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 10:52 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by cort:
And bad ass!!!
Agreed.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:01 AM 09-19-2013
Damn, everyone seems to say that. i just wish they hadn't used the stupid pastel colors.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:07 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Damn, everyone seems to say that. i just wish they hadn't used the stupid pastel colors.
Everything I have seen looks like it was designed for a 13 year old girl.
The only thing I found interesting is the depth when you tilt the screen.
They talk alot about feelings, so I guess it makes sense that it would look like a 13 year olds OS.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:28 AM 09-19-2013

Here is a sample of one of my Note2 home screens, love this phone.
I switched from the iphone when they released the 5 with that pointless tall narrow screen.

(Yes I realise it has pink flowers on it, sometimes I say dumb things).

Here is another but this photo was not taken by me:
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:34 AM 09-19-2013
I really like the new features in iOS7. My 5 seems to be a little faster... It looks like my wife is going to upgrade from a 4S to a 5S in a month or so. I am looking forward to checking out the new model.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:48 AM 09-19-2013
As a designer I have to say I hate the icons, other than that small things like changing how you delete texts and emails irk me, you had a simple and elegant system in place for this, just swipe to the right, now they changed it to the left and added items, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Sometimes change for the sake of change isn't good.

My designs tend to me minimalistic whenever possible so I like the design over all. I miss being able to look at a year view on the calender and see my how booked I am using the color coded progression, I'll live without it I'm sure it won't be the death of me.

That being said, I like the new camera controls, much easier to one hand now, the 'photo to video' switch always used to bug me.

Siri now starts to process phrases before you pause, it's so much faster it's amazing, I also like being able to say "How are the redsox doing?" and have Siri tell me and show me the box score from the current game, or say "The Red Sox lost to the Orioles 5-3", so the new siri is a big win and not just for that, across the board.

I like the iTunes radio as well, sure there are 65 of them out there but it's nice to have one baked into the system. (also using siri control).

Haven't had a chance to do that much with it yet but that's are my initial observations.
[Reply]
chaase321 11:51 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:

Here is a sample of one of my Note2 home screens, love this phone.
I switched from the iphone when they released the 5 with that pointless tall narrow screen.

(Yes I realise it has pink flowers on it, sometimes I say dumb things).
So you are making fun of the iphone for pastel colors and being made for a 13 y/o girl...but then you have pink flowers as your background on your Note2 :-) :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:03 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by chaase321:
So you are making fun of the iphone for pastel colors and being made for a 13 y/o girl...but then you have pink flowers as your background on your Note2 :-) :-)
Yes but I can change that at anytime, that is by choice unlike your pastels... and I like pink flowers, so what! :-)

I am looking forward to playing with Taki's 5 to see if it has gotten any better though, I would have gotten the 5 if it was a bigger screen but not sure I can go back now. I am not even an "android guy" I just love my specific phone. My work phone is an HTC Desire and I hate it.
[Reply]
Lockspur 01:32 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
As a designer I have to say I hate the icons, other than that small things like changing how you delete texts and emails irk me, you had a simple and elegant system in place for this, just swipe to the right, now they changed it to the left and added items, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Sometimes change for the sake of change isn't good.

My designs tend to me minimalistic whenever possible so I like the design over all. I miss being able to look at a year view on the calender and see my how booked I am using the color coded progression, I'll live without it I'm sure it won't be the death of me.

That being said, I like the new camera controls, much easier to one hand now, the 'photo to video' switch always used to bug me.

Siri now starts to process phrases before you pause, it's so much faster it's amazing, I also like being able to say "How are the redsox doing?" and have Siri tell me and show me the box score from the current game, or say "The Red Sox lost to the Orioles 5-3", so the new siri is a big win and not just for that, across the board.

I like the iTunes radio as well, sure there are 65 of them out there but it's nice to have one baked into the system. (also using siri control).

Haven't had a chance to do that much with it yet but that's are my initial observations.
I'm with you. As a graphics guy, the new designs aren't offensive. I've LONG been a fan of Helvetica Neue. So it's nice to see it in the lock screen. But the icons are a little too "soft" on quick glances. End up hitting the wrong one if I'm not paying attention.

Control center is awesome. Having quick access to the camera, calculator and flashlight are primo. I love the new animations, and the dynamic wallpapers. And for the first time with a major iOS update...my phone actually seems FASTER.

Plus a clean lock screen means uninterrupted wallpapers. :-)
[Reply]
equetefue 01:38 PM 09-19-2013
I just wish we could add widgets
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:09 PM 09-19-2013
I'm digging it so far. :-)
[Reply]
G G 06:44 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I'm digging it so far. :-)
I like it too.
[Reply]
Zane 06:53 PM 09-19-2013
Love it! :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:38 PM 09-19-2013
Updated my ipad first. See if I like it before committing my phone. So far it's interesting.
[Reply]
Zane 08:11 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Updated my ipad first. See if I like it before committing my phone. So far it's interesting.
I did the same thing.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 09:30 PM 09-19-2013
Me likey
[Reply]
Robulous78 02:59 AM 09-20-2013
To sum up IOS7, IMHO... IHMO...

Minor Software improvements,

Completely new GUI; Icons, Coloration, Animation, etc,

Same ole' capabilities, much like the difference from a horse to a zebra... Are we ever going to get Java and other internet browser updates?
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:07 AM 09-20-2013
Java? You mean Flash? (you realize there really is no more mobile flash it died right?)

I was going to wait the 2 weeks for my upgrade, but called AT&T and got them to give me an early upgrade on the 5s and went ahead and ordered it. 7-14 days.

videos of apple store lines from around the world

That Japanese are crazy, the line in that video are from last night and it's several blocks if not miles (lol) long.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up