Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>4 years ago tomorrow...
Skywalker 08:26 AM 01-12-2013
So very glad you are still here!:-)
[Reply]
Lear31MX 09:39 AM 01-12-2013
Glad your still here bro!
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 10:08 AM 01-12-2013
Glad that you are still kicking that way i could meet ya brother
[Reply]
shark 03:56 PM 01-13-2013
2.5 liters of blood in your abdomen, and you weren't feeling woozy or light-headed? That, on average, is half the amount of blood in the human body!
[Reply]
Robulous78 04:03 PM 01-13-2013
Wow Steve... Incredible story... glad your still with us Brotha...
[Reply]
Steve 06:11 PM 01-13-2013
Originally Posted by shark:
2.5 liters of blood in your abdomen, and you weren't feeling woozy or light-headed? That, on average, is half the amount of blood in the human body!
Oh, I was feeling woozy alright, but with half of my blood gone, I was not really thinking coherently :-). Kind of like being extremely drunk, but telling everyone you are fine, good to go. Fortunately, my dad was thinking a lot clearer and knew that involuntarily curling up in the fetal position of death every few minutes wasn't normal and made the decision to stop :-):-)

What was really interesting was about this time 4 years ago, I was awake and coherent enough to kind of know what was going on...and I knew something was NOT right Think hippity-hop!

Turns out all of that blood in my torso had to go somewhere, and the boys were the lowest point it could drain too...:-) And the nurse wanted me to get up and walk. That was an interesting sight I'm sure.
[Reply]
Zane 07:26 PM 01-13-2013
Originally Posted by Steve:
Oh, I was feeling woozy alright, but with half of my blood gone, I was not really thinking coherently :-). Kind of like being extremely drunk, but telling everyone you are fine, good to go. Fortunately, my dad was thinking a lot clearer and knew that involuntarily curling up in the fetal position of death every few minutes wasn't normal and made the decision to stop :-):-)

What was really interesting was about this time 4 years ago, I was awake and coherent enough to kind of know what was going on...and I knew something was NOT right Think hippity-hop!

Turns out all of that blood in my torso had to go somewhere, and the boys were the lowest point it could drain too...:-) And the nurse wanted me to get up and walk. That was an interesting sight I'm sure.

Did they touch the water when you sat on the toilet? :-)
[Reply]
Steve 07:41 PM 01-13-2013
I couldn't get to a toilet for almost a week! :-)

I will say it was real disorienting to wake up, under the influence of morphine and other pain meds, and wonder why someone put a cantaloupe between my legs!
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:28 AM 01-15-2013
Cantaloupes go on the chest :-) Glad you are around to fish, smoke and enjoy family and friends.
[Reply]
Dave128 11:40 AM 01-15-2013
Glad to see you're still kicking, Brother!
[Reply]
STEVE S 01:54 PM 01-15-2013
That was a crazy story, had you made a full recovery.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:26 PM 01-15-2013
I seem to remember that story.

Praise the Lord that you are still here.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up