Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Project Of The Day : Weeze's Office
shilala 01:19 PM 04-20-2013
Lastly is a mod I had to do to endure sanding all these panels.
I have a very good hepa filter sanding system vacuum deal that staves off the emphysema pretty well. Plus a 2 micron air filter on the ceiling. Plus a big dust collector. Plus I wear a dust mask. All that cause I've had pneumonia twice and worked in really nasty construction climates for lots of years. My lung xrays look really shitty, so I go to great lengths to take care of them nowadays.
My belt sander defies all that healthy stuff. It just has a bag on it and it throws dust everywhere. When the shop is closed up it's a huge problem.
So I modified the pig by making an adapter plate that allows me to plug in my hepa vac. It's still not remotely ideal, but it'll do. I just need to switch from a dust mask to a respirator when I'm sanding. OOooo, fun.
So here's the genius modification...

[Reply]
shilala 01:29 PM 04-20-2013
I almost forgot this pic. It's the whole reason I updated the thread.
I finally started putting the desk together. Whew. It's like it's been forever.
This pic is the left side of Weeze's desk. It is huge. I knew these desks were going to be big, but I'm pretty shocked. Weeze is thrilled, it's exactly what she wanted. :-)

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:17 PM 04-20-2013
How's she going to use it with all those rods and blue handle things on it ?

But this is hot..

:-)

(pens suck)
[Reply]
shilala 11:37 AM 04-21-2013
I knew you'd enjoy the belt sander, stud. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:46 AM 04-21-2013
A belt sander COMBINED with a vacuum .. every young boy's dream! :-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:05 PM 04-21-2013
That made me lol for real.
If I could work in one of these, there's be no reason to leave the house.
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:43 PM 04-21-2013
Your belt sander reminds me of what we did with a floor grinder at work. We were not allowed to use water on this job as it was a mess free work place or something. It was creating so much dust because of it that we'd have to stop every 15 minutes and let the place air out, so we strapped a shop vac w/ filter to it using a couple ratchet straps. Worked a charm and we finished the job in one go afterwards lol.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:49 PM 04-21-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
That made me lol for real.
If I could work in one of these, there's be no reason to leave the house.
You've been married so long that having someone yell at you and tell you to take out the trash is foreplay? :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
shilala 03:35 PM 05-03-2013
Just some update pics.
This is desk #1, it's for Weeze. I'm making the last 2 drawer fronts now, then I need to make the drawer boxes. I have to make the sliding keyboard tray, too.
I'm going to be doing final sanding and staining on the carcass in the coming days and should have this whole thing wrapped up before too awful long. Then I'll set to putting my desk together. Then I'm going to take a break and build a doghouse, dog pan, and a big landing off the back deck.

So here's today's pics...

[Reply]
Dave128 06:59 AM 05-06-2013
Sweet!
[Reply]
Blueface 09:50 AM 05-06-2013
Scott, I am beyond impressed.
Nice work.
[Reply]
ucla695 12:23 PM 05-06-2013
It's coming along incredibly well! You have some great skillz.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 12:34 PM 05-06-2013
Wow. Looks great Scott.
[Reply]
shilala 09:56 AM 05-30-2013
Just a couple update pics. First coat of stain.
Today I'll sand drawer fronts and start making drawer boxes, or at least start figuring out the layout and make up the wood for them.
Etc., etc...

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:08 AM 05-30-2013
Reallly nice Scott, I can almost picture little John John plaing under it with the middle panel open.....what a refernce god I'm old :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 10:46 AM 05-30-2013
Looking great, Scott! :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:58 PM 05-30-2013
Nice job, Scott.
[Reply]
Zane 10:17 PM 05-30-2013
Scott it's great to see someone putting together some great quality furniture. You do great things!
[Reply]
shilala 11:40 AM 07-10-2013
The desk is done!!! :-)
We moved it in the house Sunday but I still had a few little adjustments and doo-dads to work out. I tried to take pics but they basically suck because of the lighting in here right now. I'll get gooder pics later.
I also got some "before" pics of Weeze's sprawling desk area. I'll get after pics tonight when she'd done moving into her new desk. She's excited. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:58 PM 07-11-2013
I forgot finished pics, so here they come...

[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up