Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
General Discussion>Project Of The Day : Lingerie Dresser
Nelenea 09:51 AM 11-28-2012
I saw those drawer fronts and the first thought that came through my head was... man those would look GREAT in a wineador!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:04 AM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by Nelenea:
I saw those drawer fronts and the first thought that came through my head was... man those would look GREAT in a wineador!
Wow, some custom drawer front would be killer in a nice Winador!
[Reply]
shilala 10:42 AM 11-28-2012
I decided to clamp up the carcass to make sure everything was copacetic before I started with the biscuit jointer. Shockingly, everything is square and it all stacks up nice. It's not perfect, but I'm starting to come to grips with "I'm not building a nuclear powerhouse here" and I can let minor imperfections go. Nobody else would ever notice, and it sometimes takes me five minutes to see something that I know is there. I'm THAT bad. :-)
So, here's a pic...

[Reply]
Dave128 11:44 AM 11-28-2012
Very nice!
[Reply]
Big Bert 11:53 AM 11-28-2012
That's is awesome work I love those drawer fronts.. they look amazing!!!
[Reply]
equetefue 12:02 PM 11-28-2012
wow.... wow
[Reply]
shilala 11:59 AM 11-29-2012
I glued the whole carcass up and clamped it to death. The fitment was awesome, I only had one little problem with the back curling out on one bottom. I clamped the trouble right out of it.
Now I came to the computer to make my last two base pieces. I'll get the mitres cut on them and get the biscuit joints ground in them and they'll be ready to install as soon as I take the clamps off this thing.
I'll continue sanding those damn drawer fronts, they've taken an incredible amount of time already and aren't but maybe half done.
I need to get the base on this carcass so I can set the whole thing aside and get my shop back. I'll need the whole area and every tool in the world to make the drawers. Soon I'm gonna have to figure out how I'm gonna make them. :-)

Here's the goofy box jig for making finger joints.
I watched the video 3 times already and it's still a bit confusing. That'll iron out when I make up a test box.

[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:06 PM 11-29-2012
Scott, I think you are gonna need to make me drawer fronts someday for a big wineador! The concept is in my head now. This current project is looking really sharp!
[Reply]
shilala 01:20 PM 11-29-2012
That'd be awesome, Shane!!! :-)
[Reply]
shilala 04:05 PM 12-06-2012
A few update pics...

Here's an example of the box joints for the drawers. I bought a new jig that does an excellent job and speeds things up dramatically.

I stained the carcass, two coats. Today I put the first coat of poly on it and started staining drawer fronts. I also have 5 of the drawers put together and I'll get the last one done before the football game.
Here's a couple shots of the color, it turned out awesome. Weeze and I are both really pleased. The second pic is a pretty good representation of the real color, it's a nice, deep, dark cherry.

[Reply]
TJarv 04:09 PM 12-06-2012
I love the grain in that wood. It's looking really good Scott.
[Reply]
mase 04:09 PM 12-06-2012
I'm always amazed with people who can build such beautiful things. My stupid hands are only good for stuffing food in my face and punching a keyboard.
[Reply]
14holestogie 04:10 PM 12-06-2012
Looking stellar, Scott! Don't get all hopped up on fumes. :-)
[Reply]
Bax 04:19 PM 12-06-2012
Looks awesome Scott! Very well done!
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 04:20 PM 12-06-2012
Wow, looks great!!
[Reply]
The Poet 07:57 AM 12-07-2012
Caught a few minutes of Weird Science the other day, and had a thought. Scott, when you're through with this project, can you build me a Lingerie Un-Dresser? :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:10 AM 12-07-2012
Scott that is coming out awesome brother!!!
[Reply]
shilala 11:47 AM 12-07-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Caught a few minutes of Weird Science the other day, and had a thought. Scott, when you're through with this project, can you build me a Lingerie Un-Dresser? :-)
Ooooo, Kelly LeBrock. She was smokin hot with all them big lips and big 80's hair. Thanks for that, Thomas!!! :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 11:52 AM 12-07-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
Ooooo, Kelly LeBrock. She was smokin hot with all them big lips and big 80's hair. Thanks for that, Thomas!!! :-)
Por nada, brother. And that dresser looks real nice. :-)
[Reply]
Zipponubke 01:27 PM 12-07-2012
Awesome work :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up