Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>MUWAT Baitfish
TJtorpedo 06:40 PM 11-08-2012
Never had the 60rg, but keep meaning to get a fiver of the baitfish to try. Also want to give the +11 a shot.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:30 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I have had the bigger MUWAT, just ordered a 5'er of the Baitfish....will smoke one sometime next week.
OK, so it took me 6 weeks. Sue me. :-)

Pretty one-dimensional, had a woody profile and that was about it. Actually had a "burnt" flavor for the first several draws, but that smoothed out soon enough. Not an unpleasant stick, bu not really my cup of tea either.

I have 7 more, they will likely be gifted out to my NC loving friends.
[Reply]
TJarv 10:49 PM 12-16-2012

Pretty one-dimensional, had a woody profile and that was about it. Actually had a "burnt" flavor for the first several draws, but that smoothed out soon enough. Not an unpleasant stick, bu not really my cup of tea either.

I had the same thoughts, figured I would try one again in a couple months
[Reply]
icehog3 10:50 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
I had the same thoughts, figured I would try one again in a couple months
I think for me it would be a wasted 40 minutes.

Fool me once...... :-)
[Reply]
iaMkcK 11:11 PM 12-16-2012
Personally, I love these little bastages. Great smoke to my taste buds. I need to order another 5er soon, just waiting on a good price :-)
[Reply]
dave 06:50 AM 12-17-2012
I'm with dozer. Not bad at all. But there are better cigars in that size/time range for less.
[Reply]
Zane 07:15 AM 12-17-2012

I got the same flavor profile when I had one. So I gifted the rest away.
[Reply]
whodeeni 07:52 AM 12-17-2012
I think for me it would be a wasted 40 minutes.

Fool me once...... :-)
Tom,

Put them up for 3 months, and revisit them. They totally change in 3-6mo's.
1st one i smoked. I couldn't stand it! I immediately sold my bundle the next day!
Then by chance i still had 4 left in my extra 5pack and i smoked one
and it was good. 6 mo's later I smoked another one and I was blown away!

Out of the gate fresh its like smoking DYNAMITE! (probably from being shipped wet.)
but in 6 mo's you'll be doing jumping jacks!
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:12 AM 12-17-2012

I will be willing to take some off your hand..
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 08:23 AM 12-17-2012
I bought three packs and sold two of them. Just not doing it for me...to my palate, they are quite one dimensional to the point of being bland. And a bit on the pricey side, IMHO. Too bad, some of the other DE sticks are favorites of mine. Not the MUWAT Baitfish.....
[Reply]
neoflex 04:52 PM 12-17-2012
A new vitola is being launched in January called the Digital Son. It's supposed to be the best Muwat to date. I should be picking up my test stick tomorrow as it will be a retailer exclusive to my local shop that I do some p/t work at so I will chime in on it once I get to smoke it.
[Reply]
never_enough 02:45 PM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by neoflex:
A new vitola is being launched in January called the Digital Son. It's supposed to be the best Muwat to date. I should be picking up my test stick tomorrow as it will be a retailer exclusive to my local shop that I do some p/t work at so I will chime in on it once I get to smoke it.
Read that on Halfwheel. Hope I get to try one

As far as the baitfish goes, I like it. Good smoke to have in the winter up here. Local B&M sells them in singles and 5 packs. Sometime I pick up two, other times a five pack :-) Nice to have the choice.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 03:47 PM 12-19-2012
Great quick smokes. I feel like the price doesn't scale down very well when considering the regular MUWAT, but that didn't stop me from buying a bundle of them either.
[Reply]
the jiggler 03:53 PM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by neoflex:
I am going to be there in January. I will make sure I track you down to say hey...
[Reply]
mkarnold1 04:12 PM 12-19-2012
I've had a couple of these and they are tasty. That being said, I got a cab of DPG blue Demitasse for about $2 a stick and, while they are a different flavor profile, I like them just as much as the baitfish for a quick smoke and the price is way better.
[Reply]
crgcpro 04:38 PM 12-19-2012
Great little stick. I picked up a few Bricks for $80/brick on the monster last week. ($3.20 each) They've been popping up on there for $98 for the past two weeks and if you add in the coupon it's a steal!
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 09:45 PM 12-19-2012
Was eyeballing it at Smoke Inn the other day. I might have to try a pack. I had the MUWAT +11 and really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up