Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Entertainment>Borderlands 2
madwilliamflint 08:21 AM 12-03-2012
I've got the Law. I just can't remember which quest the order shield comes from.

I've just restarted the pirates dlc with the second playthrough. I must've ignored the gun the first time around as I was sniping.

If it wasn't for Moxxi's shotgun (heartbreaker I think?) I'd be squashed. It's strange, because the specs don't look so good. It's a fast firing burn elemental gun. But something about it just rips through everything, even though at the level I've got it it's like 1500x12 or something.

I've got a healing relic that's at 125 or so. What I wouldn't give for a bullet regen rec. But alas, that's Salvador's wheelhouse.

Most success I've had so far with melee was that mess of a battle to meet Brick. There are so many non-badasses that I just couldn't be stopped. Getting the groove of it was an awesome adrenaline rush.
[Reply]
spectrrr 10:40 AM 12-03-2012
looks like the LAW comes from the first mission you do in sanctuary for the marshall (solve the murder).

The ORDER comes from the second marshal friedman mission in sanctuary later on (truxican standoff - figure out who stole the money and shoot em)

I'm still early in the second playthrough, Sanctuary just got phased. But I remember having the same feelings about moxies shotty in the first playthrough, it was oddly good!
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 12:16 PM 12-03-2012
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
looks like the LAW comes from the first mission you do in sanctuary for the marshall (solve the murder).

The ORDER comes from the second marshal friedman mission in sanctuary later on (truxican standoff - figure out who stole the money and shoot em)

I'm still early in the second playthrough, Sanctuary just got phased. But I remember having the same feelings about moxies shotty in the first playthrough, it was oddly good!
AH! Thanks. Yeah I remember that one. Haven't gotten there yet.

Yeah, something's peculiar about that shotgun. I'm not complaining of course. But I'm not getting rid of it either.

I wish there were more "ai" type guns, like the loader ai shotgun. I outleveled that thing in about 12 seconds. I like it when my weapons make up a peanut gallery. :-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 12:31 PM 12-03-2012
God, I couldn't stand that gun ,drove me nuts! I think second time around I'm going to make a shield and see what it does....

I'm finding the second time around to be pleasantly more challenging... the first playthrough was a very relaxing slaughter to me.... this time around I actually need a second wind more often than I would like, and have to be careful around certain groups of enemies and fight much more tactical....
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 12:56 PM 12-03-2012
God, I couldn't stand that gun ,drove me nuts! I think second time around I'm going to make a shield and see what it does....

I'm finding the second time around to be pleasantly more challenging... the first playthrough was a very relaxing slaughter to me.... this time around I actually need a second wind more often than I would like, and have to be careful around certain groups of enemies and fight much more tactical....
Problem with the second play through is the 27 item limit. I spend most of my play time involved in inventory management. They need to jack that up to the low 40s like in 1.
[Reply]
spectrrr 01:17 PM 12-03-2012
VERY true. And it hurts fundraising too, because you never have enough room to really pick up a load of stuff. Kinda thought we see some of that expanded in the last DLC...
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 02:03 PM 12-03-2012
VERY true. And it hurts fundraising too, because you never have enough room to really pick up a load of stuff. Kinda thought we see some of that expanded in the last DLC...
Indeed. Or at LEAST fix the bank interface. God it's so awful I don't use it.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 02:26 PM 12-03-2012
Played the Pirates DLC, waiting to download the Arena until they come out with a Cap increase since I'm at 50 already.
[Reply]
spectrrr 04:05 PM 12-03-2012
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
Indeed. Or at LEAST fix the bank interface. God it's so awful I don't use it.
are you playing on a pc? or xbox/ps3?

I'm on a PC, and its very apparent that the interface for all the inventory screens is worse than on the consoles. It's a workable port of the interface... but not very good, a far cry from what it could be...
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:00 PM 12-03-2012
Yep. PC. It's such an obvious lowest common denominator interface. Same thing Bethesda does with their games. How the UI to the recent Fallouts/Elder Scrolls is acceptable is utterly beyond me.
[Reply]
spectrrr 07:07 PM 12-03-2012
yup. see the thing is, it didnt have to be that way in borderlands. it's so obvious that with just a very few tiny tweaks to the way the UI handled input, it could have been leaps and bounds better.

Even the way you have to constantly bounce between mini pages to access different parts of your bag, your self, your character stats, etc - that's totally workable with a console controller, just not with a mouse! and don't get me started on the tiny favorite/delete buttons that you have to click with themouse. HELLOO, would it have killed them to just assign that to a key?
[Reply]
dwoodward 07:22 PM 12-03-2012
yaeh I'm clocking WAY too many hours on B2. I'm about half way through the 2nd playthrough with zer0 and I just respecced him for melee, which is a *****. I just can't get the hang of it.

I think i'm at L47 or so. Once I tag 50 I'm going to start hunting legendaries.

First time around I found a couple shields off the Warrior. But they were L35 so they're just in the stash now.

The arena DLC is busting my balls with zer0. I just can't seem to tank enough damage. I get lucky when there's a goliath or two to let loose. But failing that I get squished pretty easily.
Get the final skill in the Bloodshed Tree "Many Must Fall" and use it in tandom with "Execute" from the same tree.. Just keep hitting melee and zip around meleeing everyone you see while in deception with little to no consequences. It's remarkably crazy. Don't slack in "F0ll0wthr0ough" since the speed bonus between kills will help you get to the next target quickly.

Invest whatever points you have left over into "C0unter Strike" from the Cunning tree for some good power while people are busy shooting at you. From there try to get to "Death Mark" and "Unf0rseen"

And yes, if you can find the LAW pistol and Order sheild, which are both quest drops, use them with that spec and you'll tank around the battlefield like you have never imagined.
[Reply]
dwoodward 07:33 PM 12-03-2012
This would be my ideal Zer0 Melee build:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...meleebuild.jpg

You can try building your own here:
http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/assassin.html
[Reply]
rebelknight 08:10 PM 12-03-2012
I enjoyed the first more but i play this a bit here and tgere
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:30 PM 12-03-2012
Been loving the game and stuck at 50, damn level cap.

Been farming the legandary weapons lately. Finally started beating the raid bosses.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:44 PM 12-04-2012
Here's something that's been driving me NUTS.

What's Captain Scarlett's accent?

Heaven help me if I ever encounter it in the real world.
[Reply]
spectrrr 07:55 PM 12-04-2012
Aussie :-)
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 08:02 PM 12-04-2012
Aussie :-)
See I didn't think it was. It sounds a bit off from Aussie to me, but not quite Kiwi either.

Then again, I suppose Australia is a big place, with rather more regional variety than I'm likely aware of.

"Colleen Clinkenbeard, the voice of Lilth, Tannis and now Captain Scarlett. Scarlett's voice is pretty much Lilith's with an accent."

So it's a put on. No wonder I can't quite place it.
[Reply]
spectrrr 08:05 PM 12-04-2012
See I didn't think it was. It sounds a bit off from Aussie to me, but not quite Kiwi either.

Then again, I suppose Australia is a big place, with rather more regional variety than I'm likely aware of.
I could be wrong, I just assumed it was, but I have very little experience in aussie accents, I'd probably have trouble telling Kiwi and Aussie apart in some cases.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:21 AM 12-06-2012
Been grinding a bit and just tagged 50 last night.

The Law gun ALSO can drop off the Sheriff in Lynchwood, which is good because I got to replace my L38 with a L48 that does 13k base damage and is entirely worth carrying at L50.

Also picked up the +200% melee rifle from the dlc and, yeah, you're right. It's insane.

Still using Moxxi's Heart Breaker. At L41 it's still one of my favorite guns. It's got a high elemental %, very fast reload and "increasing accuracy", so it's pretty much guaranteed to light people on fire.

My heart really belongs to Jakobs though.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up