Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Sports>Strasburg
blugill 05:26 PM 09-09-2012
It's horrible!
He's on my fantasy team and I'm hanging on to fifth place by the skin of my teeth!!
kelmac07 10:01 PM 09-09-2012
Nothing is going to guarantee his health...or that the Nats will this good next year. Although I understand they are looking out for his future...why not go for the glory now?? :-)
bobarian 11:20 PM 09-09-2012
Its a lose/lose situation really. They have several hundred million dollars invested and its about time that GM's and owners start to realize that their investments are long term. Much like the concussion situation in the NFL, the players dont always do whats best in the long run. I do admire the team for sticking to their guns, but its tough on the fans. :-)
gorob23 10:43 AM 09-10-2012
PLANNING.... I think thats what we are all really saying .......

Rob :-)

Hey just a thought, think they know what a "Snow Globe" is :-)

dave 11:06 AM 09-10-2012
Heck...the management and doctors don't really know anything for sure. He's their best pitcher. He should have been starting every third game. If he went over 250 innings, dial it back to every fourth.

I, for one, wholeheartedly applaud the Nats organization. The science and 'evidence' may not be 100% conclusive, but I find it hard to argue that this isn't good for his long-term health (and the team's.)
Bigwaved 08:49 PM 09-12-2012
it is the right move. The medical data to support it has been explained. I am satisfied with the pitching staff even without him. They play really solid defense and their offense has started to boom with the return of the players who have been injured. Like most everything in the press nowadays, anything to stir up the **** is what is makes the "news". Ask the Cubs fans how Wood turned out...
MedicCook 09:16 PM 09-12-2012
Look what the Yankees did with Joba and the innings limits and messing around with him because he was a young arm that they wanted to preserve for the long haul. He still blew his elbow out and had to have Tommy John surgery. If you have a team that can win the World Series you do everything in your power to win now. Plus what is this going to do to him if the Nats win the World Series with him sitting on the bench. What kind of issues will now come up in the clubhouse between him and his teammates. The Nats knew before Spring Training what his innings limit would be and they should have planned accordingly like others have said.
icehog3 12:31 AM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
If you have a team that can win the World Series you do everything in your power to win now.
I agree....lots of teams don't get a second chance.

Originally Posted by MedicCook:
The Nats knew before Spring Training what his innings limit would be and they should have planned accordingly like others have said.
Exactly.
gorob23 09:18 AM 09-13-2012
LOOK the bottom line is I hurt my throwing shoulder playing volleyball and I haven't been able to throw B.P. in 6 years...

ChicagoWhiteSox 09:19 AM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by gorob23:
LOOK the bottom line is I hurt my throwing shoulder playing volleyball and I haven't been able to throw B.P. in 6 years...

Which club? Why didn't they try to preserve you for long term BP?:-):-)
jonumberone 06:29 AM 10-06-2012
So, does Strasburg wind up on the postseason roster?
I know the GM says no, but at what point do they start to reconsider?
If they move into the NLCS? Or the World Series?
Do you think they will play in a World Series, with arguably, their top pitcher on the bench?
How big will the uproar be if they get knocked out of an elimination game,with Edwin Jackson on the hill, and Strasburg on the bench?
Should be pretty fascinating to watch this unfold.
NeuRon 07:04 AM 10-06-2012
there has been alot of great points in this thread about long term preservation.. but its the Nats. c'mon now.. This might be their best chance to get something going.. i say they get him in the lineup and get him one start and see what happens.. He is rested, albeit not overly rested.. He could probably have some quality showings.

i DO give them credit for sticking to their guns, but seriously, they are killing their fans right now, and if this thing backfires, they will never hear the end of it
jonumberone 12:56 PM 10-10-2012
And so it begins!

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/w...tseason-100912

If the Cards hold on, and win todays game, it's going to get a lot deeper for Mike Rizzo
icehog3 05:43 PM 10-10-2012
31 years since this franchise was in the postseason (when they were the Montreal Expos). I am no less confused by the Nats lack of planning today than I was when I started this thread.
alloy 05:54 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
And so it begins!

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/w...tseason-100912

If the Cards hold on, and win todays game, it's going to get a lot deeper for Mike Rizzo

Thank you Mr. Detweiler/ JZimm/ Clippard/ Storen! Oh yeah, props to Mr. Jason "Bang Zoom Game Saving, Season Saving" Werth!
:-)
tsolomon 08:25 AM 10-12-2012
All I can say is :-). Go Nats, go Gio! :-)
icehog3 10:24 AM 10-12-2012
This debate will go on unless the Nats win it all. :-)
gorob23 01:23 PM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Which club? Why didn't they try to preserve you for long term BP?:-):-)
Moved to volleyball , much more pleasant if you lose :-)

Bigwaved 10:30 PM 10-12-2012
This thread has been about as stupid as it gets, imo. I cannot wait for all of the "experts" to "educate" everyone on how shutting the kid down "cost" them. Where are the ****ing Rolaids? I am sure everyone who disagrees with what they did is a "medical expert" that lends something more than a Holiday Inn Express point of view. :-) The closer gives up four runs in the 9th to hand the Cards the game. Yup, blame the series on no Strasburg. Bravo...BTW, what are the lottery numbers while you are at it?
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:36 PM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by Bigwaved:
This thread has been about as stupid as it gets, imo. I cannot wait for all of the "experts" to "educate" everyone on how shutting the kid down "cost" them. Where are the ****ing Rolaids? I am sure everyone who disagrees with what they did is a "medical expert" that lends something more than a Holiday Inn Express point of view. :-) The closer gives up four runs in the 9th to hand the Cards the game. Yup, blame the series on no Strasburg. Bravo...BTW, what are the lottery numbers while you are at it?
Nats fan?:-)
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up