Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Illusione MJ12 Question
TJtorpedo 06:39 PM 08-22-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
Are they actually wet packed? I could be mistaken, but I thought they went through the normal storage procedure at the factory and then were foil wrapped for looks right before boxing. Dion and his wacky cigar name tie ins, something about "MJ12" referring to the Roswell alien incident investigation team and foil wrapping = foil hats.
I thought this was the case as well. Plus, and I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that for a while they came without the foil due to a sourcing problem. Guess the aliens stole all his foil!
[Reply]
neoflex 08:10 PM 08-22-2012
I thought they were wet packed but I could very possibly be incorrect. I would hope that if they were going through the trouble of wrapping them in foil that they would be wet packed but who knows now. time to do some digging.:-)
[Reply]
pektel 08:17 PM 08-22-2012
A great botl sent me one a while back. Smoked it last fall iirc. Great stick.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 09:06 PM 08-22-2012
NorCal_Mark (Tower Cigars) sent a box over to one of our herfs right when they were first released, and a number of us smoked them at the herf. The one I smoked seemed perfectly fine to me.
I still got mine
[Reply]
Mikey202 09:33 PM 08-22-2012
Originally Posted by Taki:
The maduro is definitely the way to go IMO if they have it :-) :-)
Agreed. It is one of the best.
[Reply]
T.G 09:42 PM 08-22-2012
Originally Posted by theonlybear4CORT:
I still got mine
That's because you're always smoking those Matcans that make you go blind in one eye.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 09:57 PM 08-22-2012
That's because you're always smoking those Matcans that make you go blind in one eye.
Hahahahah you know me too well!
[Reply]
T.G 10:35 PM 08-22-2012
Originally Posted by theonlybear4CORT:
Hahahahah you know me too well!
I wish I could find the photo of you at that herf. Sitting there with your eye swollen up and still trying to finish that Matcan cigar.
[Reply]
smitty81 07:39 AM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by Big Maduro:
Great, I'll get one and take the foil off,put it in the Herf A Dor and have it Sat.
Is it important to take the foil off when you store them or is it kind of like a tubo?
[Reply]
T.G 08:15 AM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
Is it important to take the foil off when you store them or is it kind of like a tubo?
No need to remove the foil when you store them, think of it like a slightly leaky tubo.

I think Big Maduro's implication was that he was worried that the cigar might be slightly over humidified and wanted to ensure it would smoke properly this weekend, hence removing the foil ahead of time.
[Reply]
smitty81 08:16 AM 08-23-2012
No need to remove the foil when you store them, think of it like a slightly leaky tubo.

I think Big Maduro's implication was that he was worried that the cigar might be slightly over humidified and wanted to ensure it would smoke properly this weekend, hence removing the foil ahead of time.
oh, gotcha.

Thanks
[Reply]
kickerb 08:22 AM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
I've never smoked the Maduro MJ12, but the Regular one is
amazing! I really don't care for the wrapper on their current
maduro line.
I'm with Excel, I do not care for their maduro wrapper.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up