Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Who has two thumbs and gout?
WittyUserName 07:12 AM 06-21-2012
Thank you all for the kind words and advice. This morning I woke up and the toe is a million times better, I am almost walking normally. I have a followup appointment in a couple of weeks and will bring all these suggestions along with me. Again thank you all for the support and I will keep you updated. Now time to run and get some celery seed, REAL cranberry juice and some black cherries :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:10 AM 06-21-2012
My grandfather had gout a couple of times and never drank any liquor and was not overweight.

I sure hope I never get it. Already had a few on "the most painful" list, and I don't want to add to it.
[Reply]
Whee 10:31 AM 06-21-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I hadn't heard about cranberry juice but I DID hear that black cherry juice is the way to go.

But if you subscribe to the adage of "better living thru chemistry", 300mg/day of allopurinol is the bees knees. It is a prescription but it is dirt cheap and I haven't had a twinge in years.
I second this. I have had attacks for twenty years, mostly in my left foot/ankle and my right knee. Only 1 in my big toe.

Once I started Allopurinol, went from two attacks a year, to maybe 1 every 18 months. Currently on a 22 month streak...:-)

Stress is my trigger. Only food that I ave been able to tie to attacks is peanut butter. Too many PB&J's and I start to feel "the twinge".
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up