General Discussion>Rodney King Found Dead
BC-Axeman 01:18 AM 06-19-2012
R.I.P.
Yep, history.
[Reply]
yachties23 05:18 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by Powers:
:-)
I think just because somebody died doesn't mean you have to feel bad or have sympathy for them. While I'll never condone the beating he took, the guy was no saint. He willfully admitted that the high speed chase that preceded the assault was because he thought a positive drug/BAC test would violate his existing parole for robbery and send him to jail.

If people want to feel bad for him, that is totally their right, and I won't question it. If I don't really care one way or the other, that is my right and nobody should question it either.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:00 AM 06-19-2012
Just for the record, I posted this not to garner sympathy or solicit prayers....but simply to report a news event that had some signifiicance to me and possibly others.
[Reply]
TNT009 07:08 PM 06-19-2012
Well being a cop, it's brought accountability!1- Sergeants need to know what their officers are doing. 2- accountability for what you say and type on the computers(look up racist remarks the squad during the shift). 3- tactics used on suspects. Instead of swarming him, we'd release a K9 on him. 4- knowledge that you're probably on tape, so don't do stupid crap!
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
+1

[Reply]
TNT009 07:12 PM 06-19-2012
That being said he was a dumbass for doing what he did in that pursuit, but 71 blows with a baton and numerous cops standing doesnt make any sense to me!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:03 PM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by TNT009:
That being said he was a dumbass for doing what he did in that pursuit, but 71 blows with a baton and numerous cops standing doesnt make any sense to me!
Oh lookie, I was able to give reputation to TNT009.

Mods, can you please erase all of the opinions on this issue before I all too willingly give mine. Thanks you.
[Reply]
shark 04:55 PM 06-20-2012
I remember it being tense around the barracks at Fort Gordon while the riots were going on in LA...like walking on eggshells.
[Reply]
Stephen 07:57 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by TNT009:
Well being a cop, it's brought accountability!1- Sergeants need to know what their officers are doing. 2- accountability for what you say and type on the computers(look up racist remarks the squad during the shift). 3- tactics used on suspects. Instead of swarming him, we'd release a K9 on him. 4- knowledge that you're probably on tape, so don't do stupid crap!
:-)

Good posting (although in utopia I'd like to believe that law enforcement doesn't do stupid crap because it's the right thing to do, not because the cameras are rolling) .
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up