Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Has Gurkha redeemed themselves?
htown 05:58 PM 06-06-2012
I used to like Gurkha (Centurian and Black Dragon) when I first started smoking- the only problem was the wrappers always seemed to split.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 01:12 AM 06-07-2012
I tried a few ghurkas and I liked them all so far
[Reply]
Bax 08:27 PM 06-07-2012
Originally Posted by cigaman1979:
gurkha ??? come on !!! you can not be serious..

There are many better brands out there in the market.
For instance ; CAO is my favorite brand of all times.
Different strokes for different folks. CAO is on my crap list for some truly horrendous smokes. I've had a few good Gurk's but not a single good CAO. Everyones taste is a little different. :-)
[Reply]
cmitch 10:14 PM 06-07-2012
Maybe they've finally seen the light and have tried a bit harder to make a better stick. I had completely written them off except for the Vintage Shaggy. It took a free cigar to even get me to look at them again. It looks like they spend too much on fancy packaging instead of paying attention to the actual taste.
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:21 PM 06-08-2012
Originally Posted by Cgarjake:
I have to agree I also surprisingly enjoyed the cellar reserve I had the koi size. It tasted like a good cigar smells.
Jake a lot of guys here locally LOVE the cellar reserve! One of my buddy's loves the KOI! He says it packs the most punch and has great flavors to boo! I still haven't had the resolve to try one myself, but the next time i see them I may just grab one.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:26 PM 06-08-2012
I went through a whole box of G3s without any problem. A very tasty and distinctive smoke. I still have the last one and I will try a recent one from a B&M and if it is still good I will buy another box. I have not liked any other Gurkha enough to buy another one.
[Reply]
mtnman 10:21 PM 07-06-2012
As a Noob, take my opinion with a grain of salt. But, I have tried 4 different Gurkhas with the G3 being the only one I would smoke again if someone gave it to me.
[Reply]
Big Maduro 11:59 PM 07-06-2012
I have a Cellar Reserve in the humi. I have had a few Gurkha's and have not been real impressed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up