Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>PSA for Driving in Illinois.......
CigarNut 02:52 PM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
My problem is the signs should read "when workers present". I don't want a ticket when they aren't even working out there and it's night time. I also think camera tickets aren't exactly fair, however sometimes they are hard to argue :-)

You can even watch it online, my brother went through a red light (half ass stopped) and they had him doing it up on a website. Wasn't much to argue.

I have no problem slowing down for construction workers, hell I even move over lanes, but I don't like the idea of cameras at all. Just put a cop car there. EVERYONE notices the flashing red and blue lights. Hell the car could be abandon, still everyone sees it.
I would rather have the police out doing other more important things (finding bad guys) and rely on the cameras for traffic stuff. It costs a lot of money to fund a good police department and I would like to get the most effective use from the officers and equipment.

If you are speeding or doing something that gets caught by a camera then time of day, construction workers present, etc., should not make any difference.

Too many people think that driving is a right and it's not.

I also do not support municipalities using photo/radar to fund all their cities needs -- there needs to be a balance.
[Reply]
markem 02:57 PM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Just put a cop car there. EVERYONE notices the flashing red and blue lights. Hell the car could be abandon, still everyone sees it.
The city of Hillsboro, OR has a police car silhouette that they put on an overpass above highway 26 (connects Portland to the coast) during the summer. It is extremely effective, or so the HPD tells me.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:02 PM 05-08-2012
FYI, Coach, IL has been doing this every summer for years now. It is nothing new.

Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
As someone that has had three employees hit by cars,if you get caught,tough crap.

Slow the hell down,they are fixing the road for you.
If there are workers present, and the signs say "45".....go 45 and you won't have to worry. And neither will the workers.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:03 PM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
The city of Hillsboro, OR has a police car silhouette that they put on an overpass above highway 26 (connects Portland to the coast) during the summer. It is extremely effective, or so the HPD tells me.
Yeah, I've seen plenty of unmanned police cars...drivers don't know the difference unless they pay attention day in day out. They always slow down.

It works.

In certain cities here, there's stickers on the gas pumps of cops who died on the side of the road just like construction workers.

It's a serious problem and ticketing a few people isn't going to make it go away anytime soon. That's just for money.
[Reply]
shark 04:38 PM 05-08-2012
Injure or kill a construction worker in MI and it could mean up to 15 years in prison. Otherwise, traffic fines are doubled in work zones, and you never know if one of those guys is a construction worker or a police officer with a radar device.... :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up