Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>One Of The Really GOOD Vendors...
Emjaysmash 08:16 AM 04-22-2012
:-)

Their tobacco aint bad either!
[Reply]
DaBear 02:25 PM 04-22-2012
:-)

Another reason for me to like C&D. Already in love with the Bayou Morning Flake, looks like I'll be picking up another couple tins from em in the near future.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 03:29 PM 04-22-2012
that is awesome
[Reply]
shilala 05:25 PM 04-22-2012
If I used pipe tobacco, they'd be my only stop. Not just because of the gesture toward the troops, they certainly have a wonderful reputation. I'm sure they've earned it. :-)
I haven't had time to look over their product line, but I will. I'm sure they have to have something I need, or something I'll need in the future.
I'm glad I saw this thread again, it made me smile. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 04:29 PM 04-25-2012
For those who do not know, Cornell & Diehl makes exceptional blends.

Their blends come much drier than much of other pipe tobaccos do, and when they humidfy their tobacco they do not use PG, but straight distilled water.

I would say that their specialty is Burley, English, and Aromatic blends. This is not to say that they don't do Virginias well, but they stand head and shoulders above other especially in the realm of Burleys and Aromatics.

I cannot encourage you enough to visit their website and look around. I even like their Hoover Blend, just for something different - every time you smoke it, it is different.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:41 PM 04-26-2012
So, did the 'baccy arrive yet?
[Reply]
shilala 12:28 AM 04-27-2012
The stuff just arrived today, Todd. As soon as I get a chance I'll post some pics. It's an incredible selection, I'd have been shocked if I didn't already realize what wonderful people they are. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:45 PM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
The stuff just arrived today, Todd. As soon as I get a chance I'll post some pics. It's an incredible selection, I'd have been shocked if I didn't already realize what wonderful people they are. :-)
So, did you take any pics? I'd like to see what they sent you.

Thanks.
[Reply]
shilala 04:51 PM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
So, did you take any pics? I'd like to see what they sent you.

Thanks.
Sorry Todd, No I didn't. I had kids over and they helped me repackage and mark up everything so it'd all fit in a Pelican Storm case, then we packed all that and got it ready to ship. I never even thought to take pics, I was so excited to have some help for a change that it completely slipped my mind.
There were two cans each of about 8 different blends, plus a ton of pipe cleaners, two different kinds.
We just barely managed to get it all in the new case, it took some serious Tetris.
[Reply]
Steelerfanatic 04:59 PM 05-30-2012
C&D Autumn Evening was my favorite pipe tobacco when I smoked. Tasted like pancake syrup!
[Reply]
GreekGodX 05:22 PM 05-30-2012
That is great of them :-)

I will keep them in mind when ordering pipe tobacco in the future.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:27 PM 05-30-2012
They are local, to me, and they really are great people and always over the top. I am very happy to read this.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 05:28 PM 05-30-2012
...Good work Scott:-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 07:26 PM 05-30-2012
I've spoken with Patty & Craig at the Chicago Pipe Show a couple times. Nicest folks you'd ever want to meet.

MCS
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up