Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>ARGHHHHH!!! Car Shopping H3LL
Steve 01:21 PM 03-27-2012
Oh, I hear ya brother. That's been my position for years. All I'm doing is exploring all options at the moment.

The last (and first) new car I bought was in 86...
[Reply]
OLS 01:31 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by steve:
Exactly. I am looking at Ford Fiesta .
So was I when I got out of my Colorado 18 months ago. But as I drove past the dealership, I DROVE PAST
the dealership...the car was TINY and not very sharp looking. I read really good reviews on all the talking
points, but once I saw it, all it was was good on gas.

So I drove next door and picked out a NEW Chevrolet Cruze. A much better looking car and the same gas
mileage. HOWEVER, despite the fact that I might be experiencing truck withdrawals, I can't recommend
either vehicle anymore. I give the Cruze a 7 out of 10 possible stars. It is great to still be pumping the
same dollar amount of gas that I pumped into my truck, despite the fact that gas is MUCH HIGHER now!
But I am not in love with it. I CAN recommend the car my sister got, a Civic. Those new cars look great,
drive great, SIP gas and do it with more style than my Cruze. I don't OWN one though, and that'd tell the tale.
From outside looking in, I bet my Cruze looks good to people.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 01:32 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I have heard good things about truecar.com anyone confirm?
The truecar price on my wifes new car was well above what we paid, she really gave them a :-)

You're on the right track with the sites you're checking Steve, we did a LOT of research before spending a dime driving to see a car.
[Reply]
longknocker 02:06 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by steve:
Exactly. I am looking at Ford Fiesta (I have a contact at the local dealer that I trust, although I may be leaning away from it due to some preliminary reviews) Honda Fit, etc. Something in that territory.
Honda For My Vote!:-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 02:09 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by longknocker:
i am with this guy.

i have two hondas in the drive way right now and wouldn't have it any other way.
[Reply]
forgop 02:16 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Toyotas aren't too shabby either, but I'm not aware if they have something that competes in the same market though.
[Reply]
tengel78 04:06 PM 03-27-2012
Car shopping is one of my least favorite things. It's fun and all to have the new car, but I'd almost rather get a root canal instead of going through the shopping process.
[Reply]
hammondc 04:14 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by forgop:
I'd go private party myself-why pay a dealer 20-30% more just to get one off the lot to pay commission, operating costs, etc? (Obviously assuming used is an option). There's not any more "free" money left to buy new, is there?
This is usually how I buy. However, we are looking for a new ride for the wife and the to-be-born-in-September baby. We have narrowed down to a few options. One of them is Subaru Outback. They hold their value incredibly well and right now I can get 0.9% financing.
[Reply]
hammondc 04:15 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
But I am not in love with it. I CAN recommend the car my sister got, a Civic. Those new cars look great,
Fr me, the civic is in the top 3 ugliest cars on the road now. Hell, even Honda admitted it. :-).
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up