Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Anybody smoke when they're sick?
irratebass 07:11 AM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by fencefixer:
Cigars taste totally awful when I'm sick, so no.

DC sends love, :-), so you feel better! Like, right now! :-)
:-) :-) thanks, I'm trying, all I can do is take my pills and wish for the best

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I have smoked while sick and it isn't worth it. If you just wait and smoke when you are better you will be amazed at how good your senses are. It is nice to take some time off and come back, use the sick time for that IMHO.
This is good advice, thanks homie.
[Reply]
Homebrewer 05:45 PM 02-27-2012
I tried this last Feb. and I got sicker. I tried to smoke and drink scotch. I ended up with a 21 day cold that was a living hell. Don't do it!
[Reply]
shopkins82 09:43 AM 02-29-2012
My daughter was born on Feb 21, right at the time I was half-way through fighting the longest-lasting cold I've ever had (still lingering to date). That said, I couldn't pass up a couple of opportunities for some celebratory smokes outside the hospital. We were smoking some Fuente factory throwaways (no label maduro torpedo, $3/stick) so it's not like I was throwing away an OpusX.

At the time the cold it was mostly in my chest but with a good bit of sniffle drainage in the nasal area as well. What worried me most about mixing with smoke was a sore throat. Fortunately none of the above really killed the enjoyment, though I may have missed out on some more subtle flavors and other general nuances... if there were any there.

I haven't smoked since we brought my daughter home from the hospital last Friday. The cold has moved out of my chest and lodged itself directly in my sinuses for the last several days. I bit the bullet monday and visited the Dr who put me on a regiment of antibiotics, perscription cough suppressant, and ear drops. The cough and sore throat have absolved themselves for the most part, but the sinus congestion and sniffles linger... every time I blow my nose I can feel it in my ears.

That said, my wife and I are going out to dinner with a couple of friends Saturday night and the restaurant is one of the few in the city with a smoking lounge... recovered or not I'll be enjoying a Nick's Sticks Maduro Robusto with my good friend Nick... if we have time we'll be comparing/contrasting the Nick with a Perdomo Fresco Maduro Robusto as we're both curious as to how similar these two really are (with the Fresco being about $1.50 cheaper per single).
[Reply]
BlkDrew 11:38 AM 02-29-2012
ugh i have a head cold now, sinus' are bad, cant smell a thing. I HATE THIS!!!! we are supposed to have warm weather at the end of the week also.
[Reply]
RobR1205 12:37 PM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Can't smell or taste? good time to get rid of that Ghurka.
Agreed!! no matter how expensive those things get...can't seem to find a good stick. Price does not equal quality!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up