Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Powerhouse Sticks
Islayphile 06:37 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by Taki:
Punisher :-). Had to run my mouth under a faucet for abbot 10 minutes haha :-). Didnt see much of God....more the Devil than anything :-)
I gave a couple of those out recently to friends (at least I think they're still my friends), and the hilarity that ensued was priceless.

:-)
[Reply]
Taki 06:37 PM 02-23-2012
Serious note though... 601 La Bomba Napalm was pretty strong
[Reply]
Islayphile 06:40 PM 02-23-2012
Serious note though... 601 La Bomba Napalm was pretty strong
I bought those specifically because they were touted to be STRONG...

I was underwhelmed with their power, and I'm a huge 601 fan too.
[Reply]
Taki 06:42 PM 02-23-2012
Yea I hear ya...one that put me down a while back believe it or not was the La Gloria series N, think more of an empty stomach though??
[Reply]
Islayphile 06:46 PM 02-23-2012
Yea I hear ya...one that put me down a while back believe it or not was the La Gloria series N, think more of an empty stomach though??
More than likely the lack of chow in that case I'd say.

I'm drawn like a moth to a flame when I read a review of a stick that's supposed to slam you like Thor's hammer, though I always find myself wanting more power.

All those years of smoking non flitered camels in my youth may have doomed me I think.

[Reply]
Taki 06:48 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by Islayphile:
More than likely the lack of chow in that case I'd say.

I'm drawn like a moth to a flame when I read a review of a stick that's supposed to slam you like Thor's hammer, though I always find myself wanting more power.

All those years of smoking non flitered camels in my youth may have doomed me I think.

Nasty...:-). Although I smoked Marlboro lights like they were going out of style for seven years, two packs a day at least! I think that tore my pallet up!
[Reply]
Islayphile 06:53 PM 02-23-2012
Nasty...:-). Although I smoked Marlboro lights like they were going out of style for seven years, two packs a day at least! I think that tore my pallet up!
You're not kidding...once I started smoking cigars I realized how disgusting those damnable cancer sticks were that I smoked years before.
[Reply]
Islayphile 06:58 PM 02-23-2012
I just received a sampler of NHC Bone Crushers and Skull Breakers

Perhaps I will find that which I seek
[Reply]
Taki 07:03 PM 02-23-2012
Great smokes from what I hear but not over powering (also what I hear)
[Reply]
Islayphile 07:05 PM 02-23-2012
Great smokes from what I hear but not over powering (also what I hear)
I'll know soon enough...they sure look tasty
[Reply]
Taki 07:15 PM 02-23-2012
I'm smoking one this weekend :-)
[Reply]
Islayphile 07:19 PM 02-23-2012
I'm smoking one this weekend :-)
If you beat me to the punch let me know your thoughts about it.

I plan on a Lagavulin or Ardbeg pairing with mine
[Reply]
Taki 07:23 PM 02-23-2012
No problem brother :-)
[Reply]
jdakine 07:52 PM 02-23-2012
Try suck down an Opus A in one hour, sure that will put your head in the clouds :-)
[Reply]
Islayphile 07:55 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by jdakine:
Try suck down an Opus A in one hour, sure that will put your head in the clouds :-)
My buddies first Opus was an A that I gave him...he did have to put it down half way through

I laughed at him thoroughly till he picked it back up....I was smoking an A at the time myself

[Reply]
neoflex 07:57 PM 02-23-2012
Surprised it hasn't been mentioned but the Ferel Pigs are pretty stout.
Also if your going to try a LaFlor Double Ligero, go with the Chisel size and just punch it on the top and the bottom. That should give you some kick if your not a regular to stronger cigars.
[Reply]
Islayphile 08:00 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Surprised it hasn't been mentioned but the Ferel Pigs are pretty stout.
Also if your going to try a LaFlor Double Ligero, go with the Chisel size and just punch it on the top and the bottom. That should give you some kick if your not a regular to stronger cigars.
I found the FFP's to be on ther lighter side of full and I smoke LFD DL Chisels often, especially the maduro.

I am a regular to full bodied sticks...

I'm seeking out the cigar that will put in me firmly in my seat and question whether I should stand back up too quickly.

[Reply]
herfin'chef 08:02 PM 02-23-2012
A Gurkha Empire VI made my head spin and palms sweaty once. That was early in my cigar smoking career. Always looking for that A@@ kicker....
[Reply]
Bad Finger 08:07 PM 02-23-2012
Surprised I didn't see the Camacho Triple Maduro in this list.
[Reply]
DaBear 08:15 PM 02-23-2012
The only cigar to ever make me sick was an Edge Maduro Toro I had early on in my time. When I say early on, I mean it was probably the 10th cigar I ever smoked. Nowadays, I'll spend a Saturday up at Empire, eat a decently full meal before I leave, smoke 5-6 cigars on average, and not eat anything til I get back home. That said, I'll drink a couple Cheerwines to help combat the vitamin N. This past Saturday I was up there from noon til about 9:30, made my way through 7 smokes, didn't feel a thing.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up