Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Whitney Houston RIP
Starscream 11:45 PM 02-11-2012
Whitney was similar to Michael Jackson. Very easy to pick on, but I think the jokes need to take a break for a week or so out of respect. Not that any real disrespect has been done in this thread, but I've seen it already in other places.

RIP Whitney. I Will Always Love You helped me win a few "womanless beauty pageants" in high school.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:47 AM 02-12-2012
R.I.P. Ms. Houston.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:42 AM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Whitney was similar to Michael Jackson. Very easy to pick on, but I think the jokes need to take a break for a week or so out of respect. Not that any real disrespect has been done in this thread, but I've seen it already in other places.
I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree on both. First of all, she never came close to Michael Jackson who made much more of an impact on global pop music than Whitney.

And the respect part, if only Whitney respected herself, her skills and her career more we wouldn't have this discussion right now.

another fine example of
[Reply]
emopunker2004 02:49 AM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree on both. First of all, she never came close to Michael Jackson who made much more of an impact on global pop music than Whitney.

And the respect part, if only Whitney respected herself, her skills and her career more we wouldn't have this discussion right now.

another fine example of
:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:39 AM 02-12-2012
So Sad. RIP, Whitney.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:16 AM 02-12-2012
R.I.P. Whitney Houston...one of the most beauitful voices of our era.
[Reply]
CoreyD 07:06 AM 02-12-2012
I don't see how people on the news keep comparing her to Michael Jackson. Yes she came from same music era and legend but dang her self battles were a little different. I'd almost compare her to Elvis who died 6 years younger and was much of a positive icon and influence to singers today and most her younger songs were ways she dealt with self pain.
I also wonder how far this movie that was suppose to be released in August was, and if its still going to be released and how much now it brings in.
[Reply]
Stephen 07:13 AM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
What a waste of God given talent. Hope she found the peace she was missing all these years.
Originally Posted by joeobx:
It's a shame. In her prime she could do AMAZING things with her voice. Hope she has finally found peace.
:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:53 AM 02-12-2012
RIP
[Reply]
Jasonw560 09:15 AM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
Sad, but I can't think of anyone who's tried harder to kill themselves over the years than Whitney. Hope she finds peace now.
Keith Moon, John Bonham, Corey Haim, River Phoenix, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Hank Williams, Sr, Jim Belushi, Chris Farley, Janis Joplin...
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 09:24 AM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by Jasonw560:
Keith Moon, John Bonham, Corey Haim, River Phoenix, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Hank Williams, Sr, Jim Belushi, Chris Farley, Janis Joplin...
Kurt Cobain didn't slowly kill himself over the years...just sayin'

RIP Whitney
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:03 AM 02-12-2012
well, he tried, failed and then chose a quicker way
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 11:08 AM 02-12-2012
I was never really a fan of Whitney in any such way and I won't stipulate on any cause of death....I will just simply say R.I.P Whitney. It is sad to see people who have it all end life so suddenly....
[Reply]
Cigarcop 11:21 AM 02-12-2012
Just goes to show yah, one Turd ( Bobby Brown ) in her life and down she went....Maybe he should be charged.
[Reply]
shilala 11:25 AM 02-12-2012
A gorgeous woman with amazing talent and a tortured mind.
May she find that peace in God.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:41 AM 02-12-2012
RIP Whitney.
[Reply]
backwoods357 12:09 PM 02-12-2012
RIP.
[Reply]
Stephen 12:26 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
I was never really a fan of Whitney in any such way and I won't stipulate on any cause of death....I will just simply say R.I.P Whitney. It is sad to see people who have it all end life so suddenly....
Correction. She almost had it all... Sorry, couldn't help myself.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:36 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by Jasonw560:
I think Jim will be saddened to hear this. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 12:43 PM 02-12-2012
I had heard the name before but didn't know who she was (yeah I know I am out of touch). I found a link to her singing the National Anthem before the Super Bowl... Wow!!! That was one pure voice.

May she rest in peace.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up