Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>You always remember your "first"..or do you?
Dave128 08:28 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
Hmm........The first one I can actually remember would have been a punch cigar I bought at a strip club I do believe. It was harsh and nasty but thats probably because it wasn't properly stored either.
There's a joke here someplace.....

My first was an unbanded, rum infused cigar that a buddy gave me while we were watching a Mike Tyson fight back in college. I thought it was pretty good at the time.
[Reply]
gbum 08:31 AM 02-03-2012
don diego torpedo.... really tight...
[Reply]
DaBear 08:34 AM 02-03-2012
A Hemingway Classic.

Was at a gathering with friends, and was told we'd probably be smoking some cigars, so at the recommendation of one of them I went to Pipes by George and asked for a good recommendation for myself and a few other cheaper ones for people who I knew would forget. All down hill from there as two weeks later I had my first PAM 64, to this day my second favorite smoke.
[Reply]
okiemusicman 08:50 AM 02-03-2012
Mine was a no-name house smoke from a local B&M given to me by my brother. I don't really remember if it was good or not (probably not), but was a great experience to share my first real smoke with my older brother.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 08:59 AM 02-03-2012
I have no idea. I've been racking my brain for the first real cigar I smoked and can't at all recall.
[Reply]
MrClean 09:06 AM 02-03-2012
Mine was probably an Acid Blondie. Used to love them, haven't had one if a long time, probably won't again either.
[Reply]
Zanaspus 09:11 AM 02-03-2012
I have no idea of the cigar, but back in 1980 when I was a freshman in college, we would occasionally go and pick up some "good looking cigars" :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 09:26 AM 02-03-2012
Haven't the foggiest. That would have been two or three decades ago. Too much water under that bridge. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 09:35 AM 02-03-2012
Sosa cigars, a couple different sizes. They were good enough to get me here so that's all I care about. Haven't had one since.
[Reply]
BSB 09:36 AM 02-03-2012
AF Cuban Corona maduro
[Reply]
maninblack 10:28 AM 02-03-2012
Hmm........The first one I can actually remember would have been a punch cigar I bought at a strip club I do believe. It was harsh and nasty but thats probably because it wasn't properly stored either.

The first memorable one was a Java wafer by drew estate I bought at a cigar shop for my birthday.
It wasn't because it was stored improperly, it was just stored somewhere improper.:-)
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 10:41 AM 02-03-2012
Ashton Magnum

Smoked some cheapie Tinder Box brand at my best friends bacehlor party back in 97...had about 3, all were my first cigars ever....

He asked me what I wanted a couple of weeks later for being his best man, I told him a good cigar. The B&M pointed him towards the Ashton's and thats what I got.......downhill since....
[Reply]
smitty81 10:46 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
It wasn't because it was stored improperly, it was just stored somewhere improper.:-)
dry box cigar. Before I knew cigars needed moisture.
[Reply]
Jefft72 10:49 AM 02-03-2012
Honeymoon in `03. Cancun, Mexico.
Wife and I were walking around through the market and of course came upon a cigar dealer who claimed it was Cuban. I bought it and smoked it that night after the wife went to sleep (passed out from exhaustion from the activities of the day). Sat on the beach and enjoyed the experience. It was a knock off Cohiba, and I don't recall if the stick itself was good or not, but the experience was great.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 11:13 AM 02-03-2012
Like most of us I had the machine rolls from the gas station or drug store - first real one was a NC Monte at Bonfire (94)- Whoop!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Dave128 11:23 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by Dave128:
There's a joke here someplace....
:-)
[Reply]
CasaDooley 11:28 AM 02-03-2012
IIRC my first premium cigars were some Romeo y Julieta's I smoked with my crew mates (Navy deployed) while in Singapore around 1985. I don't remember the taste of the cigars, but I do recall enjoying the overall experience and the Tiger beers :-).
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:32 AM 02-03-2012
This is a tricky question. The first handmades I had were not the ones that hooked me. First was a Rocky Patel Vintage 90. But a buddy was smoking it and offered me a few draws, that was my first cigar smoking experience, didn't hook me.

Next was a Cuban Delights from another buddy a $0.80 Robusto that was actually pretty good, got me wanting to try some more cigars...

It wasn't til 2 months later I finally had another cigar and that sent me down the slope hard... Brace for it!

Acid Kuba Kuba

I know, I know, shoot me now, acids are one of my least favorites now, but those things just hook newbies left and right.
[Reply]
maninblack 11:33 AM 02-03-2012
I don't think the box being dry was the issue. BOOM! See what I did there?:-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:40 AM 02-03-2012
I don't think the box being dry was the issue. BOOM! See what I did there?:-)
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up