Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>USA Cohiba Vs. Cuban Cohiba.
ajacobs 04:11 PM 02-02-2012
Yep, unfortunately a fake but if you enjoyed it - great. The good news is that there are probably cigars available in the us that taste like your fake.
[Reply]
srduggins 04:32 PM 02-02-2012
I had some of those with the same font "C" as yours. They really weren't bad tasting for fakes. I even took one apart and it was all long filler. Luckily, I learned my lesson and got those fakes out of my system.
[Reply]
smitty81 04:32 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by ajacobs:
Yep, unfortunately a fake but if you enjoyed it - great. The good news is that there are probably cigars available in the us that taste like your fake.
lol, yea but how would you know what to compare it to if it was a knock off, they could have used anything.
[Reply]
the nub 04:42 PM 02-02-2012
consider yourself fortunate. the bar has been lowered considerably and you won't need to break any laws to reach it.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:43 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
How do you figure? I have seen a fake VS a real Cohiba. Pretty sure mine was real.

1. The cigar was like nothing I have ever expierenced
2. I have read on how to spot the fakes vs the real ones.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult your obvious expertise on Cuban Cohibas.
[Reply]
ajacobs 04:44 PM 02-02-2012
lol, yea but how would you know what to compare it to if it was a knock off, they could have used anything.
it's easy - Cigar international has a whole section called "the unsmokeables"
[Reply]
smitty81 04:47 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Sorry, didn't mean to insult your obvious expertise on Cuban Cohibas.

I didn't mean to come off as a dick. It just kinda threw me aback when someone told me my "cuban" was a fake even without knowing what it looked like or what not.

Kinda like me telling you that someone is an ass without ever meeting them or talking to them.

I apologize.
[Reply]
smitty81 04:48 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by ajacobs:
it's easy - Cigar international has a whole section called "the unsmokeables"
I assume that means "bad cigars"?

My knock off was actually pretty good.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:50 PM 02-02-2012
I didn't mean to come off as a dick. It just kinda threw me aback when someone told me my "cuban" was a fake even without knowing what it looked like or what not.

Kinda like me telling you that someone is an ass without ever meeting them or talking to them.

I apologize.
No sweat, bad day at work so I am a little short too.

I have been to many tropical destinations, and unless you shop at a La Casa del Habana shop, 99.99% of the stuff is fake. I should have been more detailed. I am sorry as well.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:52 PM 02-02-2012
Bottom line...you enjoyed the stick. :-)
[Reply]
smitty81 04:53 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
No sweat, bad day at work so I am a little short too.

I have been to many tropical destinations, and unless you shop at a La Casa del Habana shop, 99.99% of the stuff is fake. I should have been more detailed. I am sorry as well.
it's ok. I'm here to learn and make friends.
[Reply]
CigarNut 04:54 PM 02-02-2012
BTW, what happened to you with your Fauxhibas has happened to most of us at one time or another.

I got some great Fauxhiba's in Cabo. Mine were not as good as yours and since they were my first "Cubans" they kind of turned me off on them. Now that I know better I am much happier (and have much less spending money :-))
[Reply]
croatan 05:01 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
BTW, what happened to you with your Fauxhibas has happened to most of us at one time or another.
Yup. I'd be hard-pressed to name anyone who's been smoking for a while who hasn't smoked a fake Cohiba or three. Come to think of it, the list of people I could name who've likely never smoked a real one would be far longer and easier to assemble.
[Reply]
Skywalker 05:03 PM 02-02-2012
it's ok. I'm here to learn and make friends.
Great response!!!:-)
[Reply]
smitty81 05:10 PM 02-02-2012
delete
[Reply]
bobarian 05:12 PM 02-02-2012
so a couple of you on here appeared to have tried the real ones..........[edited by croatan]
Unfortunately, discussion of sources for Cuban cigars is a violation of the ToS. But yes, many of us have had legitimate Cohiba's.
[Reply]
smitty81 05:16 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Unfortunately, discussion of sources for Cuban cigars is a violation of the ToS. But yes, many of us have had legitimate Cohiba's.
My bad.
[Reply]
bobarian 05:51 PM 02-02-2012
As Michael and James said, this is something most of have been through. Fakes are much easier to find in most countries than legit Cubans. Even in Cuba there are large amounts of fakes, some sporting legit bands smuggled out of the factories.

There was a time that Jamaica produced some fantastic cigars, this is no longer the case.

If the cigar came from any place other than an official LCDH in any country, the chances are good that it is a fake. :-)
[Reply]
smitty81 05:56 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
As Michael and James said, this is something most of have been through. Fakes are much easier to find in most countries than legit Cubans. Even in Cuba there are large amounts of fakes, some sporting legit bands smuggled out of the factories.

There was a time that Jamaica produced some fantastic cigars, this is no longer the case.

If the cigar came from any place other than an official LCDH in any country, the chances are good that it is a fake. :-)
I tried that Jamaican cream..........It was nasty.
[Reply]
bobarian 06:12 PM 02-02-2012
I tried that Jamaican cream..........It was nasty.
Just a shadow of what they were 20years ago.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up