Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>I- Tunes onto a Driod
MikeyC 02:32 PM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by Thrak:
That still doesnt make it 4G, it makes it faster than 3G.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...iemTP5_a8DrlPg

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-201...gh-4g-baloney/

4G is 100mbps, which none of the carriers are even close to. Anyone who tells you different is either spouting their marketing bs, or is uninformed.
I think the organization that defines the term needs to re-examine the definition. Clearly this is a significant upgrade and a new generation of technology (at least LTE not HSPA+ or any of that other BS which is marginally faster than 3G). I don't even get 100 mbps in my house. I have FiOS internet and have 25/25 speeds.

Anyway, regardless of whether you call it 4G or 3G++, my Droid is running on a data system far faster than any iPhone.
[Reply]
Thrak 04:06 PM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
I think the organization that defines the term needs
to re-examine the definition.
Possibly, but it is what it is. Just because faster 3G is here, does not make it 4G. Dont believe the marketing hype...

Originally Posted by :
Clearly this is a significant upgrade and a ]new generation of technology (at least LTE not HSPA+ or any of that other BS which is marginally faster than 3G). I don't even get 100 mbps in my house. I have FiOS internet and have 25/25 speeds.

Anyway, regardless of whether you call it 4G or 3G++, my Droid is running on a data system far faster than any iPhone.
Totally agree. My HSPA+ G2 on TMO runs triple the speed my home DSL does. :-)

However, the 4S with its dual mimo antennas on ATT runs significantly faster than the 4S on any other carrier. Its quite a techno achievement!
[Reply]
MikeyC 07:12 PM 01-24-2012
Possibly, but it is what it is. Just because faster 3G is here, does not make it 4G. Dont believe the marketing hype...
The average person doesn't know the definition of 3G or 4G and LTE does deliver seriously faster speeds than traditional 3G so I'm not sure I would consider it marketing hype.

However, the 4S with its dual mimo antennas on ATT runs significantly faster than the 4S on any other carrier. Its quite a techno achievement!
What kind of data speeds are you getting with your 4S on AT&T? When I've played with the 4S the data speeds seemed much slower than my Droid.
[Reply]
Thrak 07:35 PM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
The average person doesn't know the definition of 3G or 4G and LTE does deliver seriously faster speeds than traditional 3G so I'm not sure I would consider it marketing hype.
It doesnt matter what the average person thinks. A standard is a standard, thats why we have them. You cant just change the definition of something because the average person is misinformed... its like asking webster to change 'intensive purposes' to mean 'intents and purposes' because so many people online use them interchangably. Its still wrong. Companies lie about things all the time. For ex. you really think Panasonic plasma tv's have 600hz refresh rate? Think again...

Originally Posted by :
What kind of data speeds are you getting with your 4S on AT&T? When I've played with the 4S the data speeds seemed much slower than my Droid.
I dont have one, but 2 of my co-workers do. We've seen in excess of 5mpbs. Granted, its not 20mbps that you might get on Verizon, but its alot faster than other iphones,and any other '3G' branded device.
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 10:31 PM 01-24-2012
I usually download from musicdumper.com and transfer it to my phone.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up