Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Scared
quantim0 10:58 AM 01-20-2012
I have a lot of smokes that I'm waiting for the "right time". Some I have been sitting on for a few years. Lit one up recently, complete let down. That has happened to me a few times. So I'm considering no longer saving things for that "right time". When I am in the mood I'll smoke what I got.

Plus they make more of these things every day. There's always one to replace the recently departed.
[Reply]
MrClean 11:38 AM 01-20-2012
Fire it up G!!
Try it, if you like it, buy more and let them sit if you want. I'm a believer in trying one early, and if I like it enough to buy more, I'll let one or two rest to see if they get better with age. Some do and some don't I'd imagine.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 11:49 AM 01-20-2012
Afeared of spiders. Ain't afeared of no cigar.

:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 11:55 AM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by quantim0:
I have a lot of smokes that I'm waiting for the "right time". Some I have been sitting on for a few years. Lit one up recently, complete let down. That has happened to me a few times. So I'm considering no longer saving things for that "right time". When I am in the mood I'll smoke what I got.

Plus they make more of these things every day. There's always one to replace the recently departed.
Originally Posted by MrClean:
Fire it up G!!
Try it, if you like it, buy more and let them sit if you want. I'm a believer in trying one early, and if I like it enough to buy more, I'll let one or two rest to see if they get better with age. Some do and some don't I'd imagine.
I am starting to see a trend here and maybe I should adhere to this thought process, but what about those LE releases like Tat Halloweens or Viaje's Holiday Blends (I have only had the FACE.....so it's not that big of a deal, I did get a Wolfman, though, but only 1)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:00 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I am starting to see a trend here and maybe I should adhere to this thought process, but what about those LE releases like Tat Halloweens or Viaje's Holiday Blends (I have only had the FACE.....so it's not that big of a deal, I did get a Wolfman, though, but only 1)
Try to snag two, thats what I do. That way you can smoke one now and one later if it is worth waiting for. I have to admit I am saving a Wolfman for next Halloween, but my expectations are pretty low.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 12:10 PM 01-20-2012
Although prices have gone up, the cost of a Padron still shouldn't be too big of an investment to risk.
When my expectations are high, I usually get dissapointed so I have enjoyed far more lesser priced quality smokes more so than the expensive ones.

Smoke it now.
[Reply]
ASU Maduro 12:33 PM 01-20-2012
A cigar does nothing for us until we light it up. Finding the right time for that special cigar can be the most difficult act.
[Reply]
irratebass 12:35 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Try to snag two, thats what I do. That way you can smoke one now and one later if it is worth waiting for. I have to admit I am saving a Wolfman for next Halloween, but my expectations are pretty low.
Yeah I hear that, well I was lucky to get this Wolfy, it was given to me at an event from a generous BOTL I just met that day, I told him about the Asylum, but he has yet to sign up. I am hoping to see him again at the Nestor Miranda event next month.

I was going to hold on to mine till Halloween too, but I think I may smoke it when the weather breaks......JUNE lol
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:36 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by ASU Maduro:
A cigar does nothing for us until we light it up. Finding the right time for that special cigar can be the most difficult act.
Not exactly true for me, I actually do find pleasure in collecting, hunting for a bargain, cataloging and sorting through my collection. The big pay off is smoking it though.
[Reply]
Apoco 12:59 PM 01-20-2012
For the longest time I was this way.

Then half of my collection ended up being "oh I need to wait to smoke this" cigars.

From now on - simply waking up is a special enough occasion :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
irratebass 01:19 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by Apoco:
For the longest time I was this way.

Then half of my collection ended up being "oh I need to wait to smoke this" cigars.

From now on - simply waking up is a special enough occasion :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I only have 1 "oh I need to wait to smoke this" and it's the Wolfman.....HOWEVER I do like to smoke in order of what I either received or purchased, I write the date in my ledger and I go in order......anal? I suppose.
[Reply]
pnoon 02:09 PM 01-20-2012
I'd rather be able to say "I smoked one" than "I have one"

Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:10 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:

Quoted, for truth. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 02:10 PM 01-20-2012
Scared of spiders and clowns (and the latter is mostly CA inmates) and I can step on spiders, SMOKE EM' Garry...you Clown!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:11 PM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
Scared of spiders and clowns (and the latter is mostly CA inmates) and I can step on spiders, SMOKE EM' Garry...you Clown!!!! :-)
So you are saying you fear the zombies:-)
[Reply]
Remo 02:13 PM 01-20-2012
So you are saying you fear the zombies:-)
Nope, they are @ss Clowns!!! :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 02:21 PM 01-20-2012
I always felt that way until I was in the audience for "Let's Make a Deal". :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 02:31 PM 01-20-2012
Gary,

Spark that thing up this weekend and let us know what you think! Remember, it's just a cigar and if you like it great, if not...well then at least you know!

No matter what...sit back...relax...and enjoy! :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 02:37 PM 01-20-2012

Posted via Mobile Device
Made my mind up right there with this post, kudos Peter.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:14 PM 01-20-2012

Peter is wise!!!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up