Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Don't buy a Dell
pnoon 04:44 PM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Looks like you need to just stop buying stuff as you seem to have problems with everything you buy. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Taki 04:46 PM 12-08-2011
MAC Baby!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
forgop 05:03 PM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Been using Dell's for ten years with no problems. :-)

Looks like you need to just stop buying stuff as you seem to have problems with everything you buy. :-)
I buy a LOT of stuff and more than satisfied most of the time. Some experiences are just awful and like they say-you tell a heck of a lot more people about bad than good.

I'm sure some think I overreacted about the Lowes deal, but I was stressed from exams, little sleep, and carved out enough time from my studying to do a quick trip to Lowes and be back to put my 4 yo son down for bed. Sometimes, those moments can really fulfilling laying down in his car bed and reading or whatever and was looking forward to it that evening. When he was already asleep when I got home, it was like I got punched in the gut because I missed out on that little break from reality. I'm sure nobody else has ever gone through something like that though.

If that still makes me an ahole then feel free to allow me to bring my dog over to leave a present in your yard. :-)
[Reply]
forgop 05:05 PM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by Taki:
MAC Baby!!!!! :-)
Is their customer service based in the US or something?

Had a MacBook about 2 years ago. Just didn't like it.
[Reply]
Bill86 05:08 PM 12-08-2011
All of the Dells I use work just fine. But outsource CS sucks, too bad everyone does it.
[Reply]
Taki 06:05 PM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
Is their customer service based in the US or something?

Had a MacBook about 2 years ago. Just didn't like it.
Not really sure...never had a problem with my Mac's.
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 09:01 PM 12-08-2011
I'm sorry to hear that Duane. I loved Dell but when my computer broke, I replaced it with a Mac after gathering opinions here.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:18 PM 12-08-2011
I am a computer guy and at home and work, we use Dell's. I haven't had any major problems. I will continue to use them.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:24 PM 12-08-2011
If that still makes me an ahole then feel free to allow me to bring my dog over to leave a present in your yard. :-)
Does he need a gift card for that?
[Reply]
Weelok 11:51 PM 12-08-2011
Bunch of Dell fan boys on here. Build your own. Better computer for the money. Only reason to buy Dell is for a laptop. Go Mac if you want a laptop.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:54 PM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by Weelok:
Only reason to buy Dell is for a laptop. Go Mac if you want a laptop.
Huh? :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 12:09 AM 12-09-2011
In other words if your mad at Dell don't support them. Macs work great but a little pricey in my opinion but just as fanatic a fan base.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 01:02 AM 12-09-2011
I'm on a Dell right now and had issues when I bought it, but they made up for it and I will continue to be a Dell customer depending on future needs because **** happens and all companies make mistakes.

I was pissed though because I bought a laptop on the Dell outlet site. A couple days later, I found out the extended battery physically stuck out on the bottom which I didn't want nor stated in description so I called customer service to see what the return policy was. I was told if I processed a return before I received it, I would not have any restock fees. I asked again and was told yes, I can cancel without fees/penalties so I did. I then immediately bought a different Dell without the extended battery.

When I received the 1st laptop and called CS to get a shipping label, I was charged 15% restock. They did not honor what I was previously told and after talking to multiple supervisors, they told me the original CS person had no authority to waive the fee. That is such BS because how should I know who has authority? I went by what they told me and then they did not honor it.

They did not back down and I was stuck with 2 laptops. I then googled a few Dell Executives in PR/Marketing/Sales and emailed them letters. 2 days later I got a phone call from customer service apologizing and waived the 15% fee.

I was happy the Executives actually listened and cared about a regular customer. For that, I will continue to use Dell.
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:52 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Huh? :-)
Yea,that made a lot sense :-)

Duane,I think the world is out to get you. :-)
[Reply]
forgop 11:33 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:

Duane,I think the world is out to get you. :-)
No, I just think it's absolutely ridiculous the process to buy a computer well under $1k has turned into more time invested than it took to buy my house a year and a half ago. That includes viewing, paperwork with realtor, closing, you name it.

I must be the only person here that would get peeved over investing 5 hours between chats/phone calls and ~ 36 hours after the "purchase" was made on their website, still not have an order that was processed. :-)
[Reply]
forgop 11:35 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle:
I'm on a Dell right now and had issues when I bought it, but they made up for it and I will continue to be a Dell customer depending on future needs because **** happens and all companies make mistakes.

I was pissed though because I bought a laptop on the Dell outlet site. A couple days later, I found out the extended battery physically stuck out on the bottom which I didn't want nor stated in description so I called customer service to see what the return policy was. I was told if I processed a return before I received it, I would not have any restock fees. I asked again and was told yes, I can cancel without fees/penalties so I did. I then immediately bought a different Dell without the extended battery.

When I received the 1st laptop and called CS to get a shipping label, I was charged 15% restock. They did not honor what I was previously told and after talking to multiple supervisors, they told me the original CS person had no authority to waive the fee. That is such BS because how should I know who has authority? I went by what they told me and then they did not honor it.

They did not back down and I was stuck with 2 laptops. I then googled a few Dell Executives in PR/Marketing/Sales and emailed them letters. 2 days later I got a phone call from customer service apologizing and waived the 15% fee.

I was happy the Executives actually listened and cared about a regular customer. For that, I will continue to use Dell.
Nice. I'm going to give them the opportunity to make it right, but we shall see what happens. I've tried getting an actual contact for Dell Outlet other than the handful of people from India.
[Reply]
T.G 11:58 AM 12-09-2011
No, I just think it's absolutely ridiculous the process to buy a computer well under $1k has turned into more time invested than it took to buy my house a year and a half ago. That includes viewing, paperwork with realtor, closing, you name it.

I must be the only person here that would get peeved over investing 5 hours between chats/phone calls and ~ 36 hours after the "purchase" was made on their website, still not have an order that was processed. :-)
[Reply]
mase 12:05 PM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
I actually laughed out loud at this.
[Reply]
Silound 01:09 PM 12-09-2011
Yesterday at 3pm, I chatted with a Dell sales rep. He said I could use a promo gift card (card in possession) with regularly purchased gift cards. Dell has a special that for every $300 in gift cards you purchase, you get an additional gift card. Thus if I'm spending ~$750 for a computer, it's a no brainer to buy and purchase with gift cards. After all, it's like an additional $100 off, right?

I purchase 2 gift cards (wouldn't allow me to buy 1 card for $600). Immediate notice to call and verify. Within 15 minutes, first card arrives via email as she said both would be emailed. An hour later, still nothing. I call back and said never got the 2nd card. She said she resent it and would have it in 3-5 minutes (no, it's not in my spam folder). Never happened. I call again and then get them to email to an alternate address and shows up. By that time, the outlet sales is closed and not a live person to talk to and I'm passed back and forth between departments, put on hold waiting to speak to a "supervisor" (that never happened by the way). The problem is Dell's site doesn't allow you to use more than one gift card per purchase, although you can with a live person on the phone.

Just finished another 45 minutes of calls and from what I'm told, they're not even certain if my order was processed. I have a order acknowledgement from Dell stating the system, pricing, etc. They won't know until tonight if the order actually went through or not. My gift card still has the full balance on it.

So now, I'm between 4.5 to 5 hours on the phone with someone from Dell and there may not even be an order in yet. If the order is not confirmed tonight, I'm calling the gift card dept and demanding my money back. I'll get something else instead.

Ahh, now that I understand the problem I can see the angst that would arise from the situation. It's a problem when these kinds of things happen, and there's certainly no excuse for not having someone on staff at all times that can handle the situation. At the very least, they could have postponed the purchase until someone more experienced was around to make sure it was processed correctly.

Personally, it wouldn't turn me off from Dell, but I agree with the earlier comment. I would send out more than a few emails with some constructive criticism towards the situation. I only emphasize constructive, because in all of the times I've sent emails and letters, both scathing and constructive, I get a LOT more positive responses back from the constructive ones (Macy's gave me a $50 in-store voucher good for 24 hours because of a snafu over a ~$35 billing issue online last year).

Good luck with dealing with the problem. I hope Dell makes it right for you and you're satisfied with the eventual purchase! :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 01:54 PM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Does he need a gift card for that?
Maybe the present is a Dell computer.:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up