Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Call me a noob..
Doctorossi 02:29 PM 12-05-2011
Hey guys, let's be careful not to make the OP feel silly for asking the question. Everybody has to learn sometime.
[Reply]
Flounder 04:01 PM 12-05-2011
I feel stupider for not being able to explain that I am not as stupid as I sound. I know that there are Cohibas and such that aren't real Cubans. I just saw "Legal Cubans" and thought "really?" more confused by there advertising than anything else.

I've smoked a fair share of Cohibas and RP "Cuban Blends" and no better than to thin that they are legit.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:04 PM 12-05-2011
You're not "stupid" at all, Ethan, many of us had these questions at some point.

I just called you "noob" because you asked me to. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Flounder 04:19 PM 12-05-2011
I know you did haha. I do wish I had a cigar tree right now.
[Reply]
BlkDrew 04:24 PM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by Flounder:
I do wish I had a cigar tree right now.
I do...

Well in some shape or form, Ethan, get a hold of me I have a couple sticks for you.
[Reply]
Flounder 04:25 PM 12-05-2011
When you on break? We oughta do something somewhere this weekend. Sundays suck for me, but beyond that I'm free.
[Reply]
T.G 04:25 PM 12-05-2011
I feel stupider for not being able to explain that I am not as stupid as I sound. I know that there are Cohibas and such that aren't real Cubans. I just saw "Legal Cubans" and thought "really?" more confused by there advertising than anything else.

I've smoked a fair share of Cohibas and RP "Cuban Blends" and no better than to thin that they are legit.
Nah, no need to feel stupid Ethan, you came across loud and clear. I think most of us knew what you meant, and a number of us answered as such.

Bob and I weren't laughing at you buddy, just the marketing claims behind certain cigars mentioned later in the thread.
[Reply]
BlkDrew 04:28 PM 12-05-2011
When you on break? We oughta do something somewhere this weekend. Sundays suck for me, but beyond that I'm free.
I have a heated garage, I'm free whenever. I work nights and go to school till noon.
[Reply]
Flounder 04:30 PM 12-05-2011
When you free Saturday?
[Reply]
Dr Voss 04:59 PM 12-05-2011
An easy way to solve this whole thing would be to lift the stupid out of date hard headed narrow minded embargo. Then, oh my could it be, a Cuban could be a Cuban. I know, I know, preaching to the choir.
[Reply]
bobarian 05:06 PM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Nah, no need to feel stupid Ethan, you came across loud and clear. I think most of us knew what you meant, and a number of us answered as such.

[b]Bob and I weren't laughing at you buddy, just the marketing claims behind certain cigars mentioned later in the thread.[b]
QFT. For those that are curious it would be best to do some research on cigars such as the Pinar 3000 and the outlandish claims behind them.

To the OP, the education regarding Cuban cigars and "cuban heritage" or "cuban seed" is something every cigar smoker encounters and overcomes at some point. We have all been through it before. We try to advise in a manner which conveys humor and lightheartedness to this sensitive subject. Marketing is a powerful tool often easily overpowering truth and honesty. :-)
[Reply]
Flounder 05:20 PM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by Dr Voss:
An easy way to solve this whole thing would be to lift the stupid out of date hard headed narrow minded embargo. Then, oh my could it be, a Cuban could be a Cuban. I know, I know, preaching to the choir.
I've talked to people that believe when that happens the name of the game will be mass production to the silly US kids that ALL want Cubans, and the quaility of cigar will decrease sufficiently.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up