Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Any inmates smoke exclusively?
Bubba - NJ 07:49 PM 11-30-2008
I used to know an electrician at work - Howard only smoked Garcia y Vegas . May God rest his soul . As for me , variety is king .
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:24 PM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by Rockestone:
Too many good cigars out there to just stick with one.:-)
:-) As Dave said, some of the older smokers I have known were fiercely loyal to one cigar... but I really enjoy trying different cigars. :-)
[Reply]
Cenookie 09:34 PM 11-30-2008
My question is why would you limit yourself to just one:-), there are way to many good smokes out there. I met a guy who said I only smoke CC, turned him on to a NC and now he has more NC's.:-)
[Reply]
Ratters 09:55 PM 11-30-2008
I like different smokes, but I'd say 70% of what I smoke are Camachos. If that was all I had I'd get by just fine, but I do like to try other smokes.
[Reply]
Cigary 10:00 PM 11-30-2008
Originally Posted by thetpi825:
If I could afford to and could readily get them probably Opus X but even then I would be switching up the sizes.
For sure about this. I smoke a lot of different cigars and I like the variety,,nahhh,,,,have to smoke more than one.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 10:09 PM 11-30-2008
I can gurantee my wife would love if I only smoked one brand or line. I would have a lot more money to spend on her.:-) I wouldn't constantly be searching and buying and tasting everything I can get my hands on.

One exclusive stogie seems boring and though I normally fear change, I love opening the humi and changing it up on a daily basis.:-)
[Reply]
doctorcue 01:11 AM 12-01-2008
I smoke a lot of Tatuajes; but I would say 80+% is Pepin based. Does that count? :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:05 AM 12-01-2008
The guys that only smoke one brand/cigar have no reason to be here.
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 09:32 AM 12-01-2008
i know a guy from another board that only smokes opus x.

one brand only is not for me my friends.
[Reply]
zmancbr 09:42 AM 12-01-2008
No way in hell... too many good brands out there NC and CC wise. Now I can say that I reach for some a lot more than others...

NC all ya have to do is read below my avatar to see which brand that is... and CC I would say is split between a few that I prefer.:-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 09:47 AM 12-01-2008
I couldn't imagine smoking only one brand....I would tire of that quickly....kind of like when I worked in a restaurant in high school cooking lobsters - I could eat as much lobster as I wanted and got sick of that pretty quickly!
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 10:56 AM 12-01-2008
Everyone may have a favorite, but I do not know a single person out there that only smokes that one exclusively...
When it comes to my own buying habits, I do have a few that I buy every time I hit the Brick and Mortar, but in no way do I only smoke those...
[Reply]
ahc4353 11:00 AM 12-01-2008
I know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy that only smokes one brand.

I live in Jersey. Go figure. :-)
[Reply]
BlackIrish 11:26 AM 12-01-2008
Can never see myself smoking only one brand. I like different cigars at different times of day -- something flavorful but milder in the morning, something with a little more muscle later in the day -- and I like different flavor profiles when I'm in different moods. And then there's always the thrill of strange . . .
[Reply]
Scottw 11:35 AM 12-01-2008
Originally Posted by Pat1075:
I mix it up, I mean I have my go to's but I couldn't stick with just one cigar.
:-):-)
[Reply]
MithShrike 01:09 PM 12-01-2008
Gotta have variety. It all depends on my mood.
[Reply]
mikeyj23 01:13 PM 12-01-2008
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
The guys that only smoke one brand/cigar have no reason to be here.
:-)

If I only smoked one thing then it'd be a habit, not a hobby. I 100% consider it the latter.
[Reply]
petewho 03:17 PM 12-01-2008
My grandfather was 858's only ever since his father died (his father owned a cigar company).

I don't have a favorite brand, but in general Nicaraguans are by far 1st for me, above Cubans and all others.
[Reply]
croatan 03:31 PM 12-01-2008
A guy I play golf with occasionally smokes only Partagas Black Label Magnificos. Only person I know like that.
[Reply]
nozero 06:03 PM 12-01-2008
Thanks for all the replies!

I guess the fact that when I smoked cigarettes, I only smoked one brand; combined with memories of a few people I've observed at local B&Ms, who go in to the humidors, grab any number of the same sticks pay and leave everytime I see them, made me wonder.

For me, this is just one more reason why smoking cigars it NOTHING like smoking cigarettes.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up