Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>So Why did you join the Asylum?
Mr Edmundo 01:04 PM 11-29-2008
:
Originally Posted by av8tor152d:
This guy showed up at my door one afternoon and kindly asked me to check it out.

:-) That's too funny. I wouldn't mess with this guy either.
[Reply]
hotreds 02:04 PM 11-29-2008
This guy showed up at my door one afternoon and kindly asked me to check it out.

As long a it was "kindly!"
[Reply]
dcamacho 02:08 PM 11-29-2008
i dont know lol .... i love it tho
[Reply]
brigey57 02:36 PM 11-29-2008

[Reply]
Skywalker 02:41 PM 11-29-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
My friends are here, why would I want to be somewhere my friends are not?
:-)... Because Stupid is my friend!!!
[Reply]
CBI_2 02:43 PM 11-29-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
:-)... Because Stupid is my friend!!!
:-):-):-):-) Now that thar's funny. I don't care who ya are.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 02:46 PM 11-29-2008
To everyones great credit we've pretty much avoided these types of CS conversations here.

The easy answer, for me is...Julian sent me an email with a link saying it was working.... so I signed up. :-)

The harder answer is ...the future, as some have commented, was presented to us to be commercial and part of some sort of homogenized amalgamation of 3-4 different cigar cultures who's only enhanced purpose I could figure out was .... well it wasn't what brought so many together there. It's like the local bar you have hung out at, made friends and called home for a long time. It changes ownership to "consolidated bars" and you start enjoying it less for whatever reason even before the remodel. Your friends start drifting away to other places to hang out. The vibe of the place gets worse. What do you do? This place was the answer to that question for a number of us.

These on line communities are cool. They exist because folks "choose" to make them home. They can just as easily die based upon people making different choices based upon real or perceived changes in their hangouts.

Everyone joins, posts, reads, interacts. decides to set-up shop, wherever you feel comfortable. There are many cigar forums to choose from. There are folks scratching their heads about this place springing up from nowhere. I'm one of them.
[Reply]
brigey57 02:50 PM 11-29-2008
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
To everyones great credit we've pretty much avoided these types of CS conversations here.

The easy answer, for me is...Julian sent me an email with a link saying it was working.... so I signed up. :-)

The harder answer is ...the future, as some have commented, was presented to us to be commercial and part of some sort of homogenized amalgamation of 3-4 different cigar cultures who's only enhanced purpose I could figure out was .... well it wasn't what brought so many together there. It's like the local bar you have hung out at, made friends and called home for a long time. It changes ownership to "consolidated bars" and you start enjoying it less for whatever reason even before the remodel. Your friends start drifting away to other places to hang out. The vibe of the place gets worse. What do you do? This place was the answer to that question for a number of us.

These on line communities are cool. They exist because folks "choose" to make them home. They can just as easily die based upon people making different choices based upon real or perceived changes in their hangouts.

Everyone joins, posts, reads, interacts. decides to set-up shop, wherever you feel comfortable. There are many cigar forums to choose from. There are folks scratching their heads about this place springing up from nowhere. I'm one of them.
Honestly, I couldn't have said it better. Thanks.:-)
[Reply]
acruce 03:08 PM 11-29-2008
I was looking for a new place hang out and talk about cigars and other things.As others have said I didn't care for the direction in which CS was moving. I frequent one other cigar board but most of my time is spent here.
[Reply]
hotreds 03:24 PM 11-29-2008
Indeed, our beloved jungle turning into a MySpace type social networking morass( in January we are told) had a lot of us looking for refuge elsewhere. Happily, many of us have found our refuge in the asylum, thanks to the Team of 11 who saw the handwriting on the wall. Thanks to them the spirit of the jungle lives on here. 'Nuff said.:-):-)
[Reply]
nozero 03:38 PM 11-29-2008
I joined the "other site" because a dude I met playing pool at a local dive told me I'd get a bunch of free cigars. I found it was far more than that and I stayed there because of the people and that's why I joined the Cigar Asylym and that's why I'll stay here now.

Uhm, well OK that and Medication Time! :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 05:03 PM 11-29-2008
Because this is where my family is. :-)
[Reply]
Heliofire 05:09 PM 11-29-2008
I came here because I knew this was where my friends were.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:12 PM 11-29-2008
I got the invite and I joined. The morale at CS at the time was very depressing, and the Asylum was a ray of light in that dark time. I still post at CS, but consider this place home now.
[Reply]
poker 05:28 PM 11-29-2008
Why did I join the Asylum?

In not so many words....

....It was something that needed to be done, and something I chose to be a part of.
[Reply]
sofaman 05:29 PM 11-29-2008
Because Cigar Live was falling apart and this seems like the place to be:-)
[Reply]
TomHagen 07:35 PM 11-29-2008
It's also small, therefore more tight-knit and it's grass roots formation helps really make CA a CIGAR oriented place...

da klugs and bobarian's posts above is right on.
[Reply]
Linus 07:54 PM 11-29-2008
The first cigar forum (and the main one I visit besides here) was CigarPass. I had heard about what had happened in regards to the purchased and yapped about it in my blog, making specific note about the moderator changes. As I was checking a few days later to see who visited, I saw a link coming from here so I decided to check it out. I was very happy to see a forum dedicated to the kinship of BOTL/SOTL and joined.

I was even happier to see that I was received as is and without question, something that I had experienced only at CigarPass previously. So I decided to make this another home-away-from-home forum for me to discuss cigars and to share my finds (right now in the form of reviews -- I've been on the road too much to properly participate in passes until recently), even if they were only new to me, with others. :-)

One of the best decisions I made in regards to my hobby was to join here. The knowledge and friendliness is like no other I've seen.
[Reply]
groogs 07:59 PM 11-29-2008
I joined because all my friends were moving over here, and I was not at all happy with the way CS was going. Since I joined the Asylum I have hardley even looked at the old board. This is my new home and I am Very Happy to be here.
[Reply]
Cigary 08:06 PM 11-29-2008
Was invited to the site by one of the Mods and glad I accepted,,,,this is one of the best out there.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
Up