Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Where do you buy your cigars?
Online 69 29.61%
Cigar Shop 22 9.44%
Both 138 59.23%
Other 4 1.72%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Buy online or in store?
elderboy02 09:57 PM 11-14-2011
In store. My B&M beats most online prices.
[Reply]
irratebass 03:51 AM 11-15-2011
I do both, I usually pick up singles at the B&M's when I am there and I like the deals online.
[Reply]
Stephen 04:45 AM 11-15-2011
Do most of my purchasing online simply because the B&M that I frequent doesn't carry a lot of the stuff I'm wanting to buy (although that is slowly changing). However, whatever they do carry that I smoke I purchase there, even if a cheaper price is to be had elsewhere. To me, there's something to be said for supporting your local businesses.:-)
[Reply]
thechrisdotcom 05:10 AM 11-15-2011
Majority of my cigar buying is online. I tend to buy stuff that a B&M usually doesn't carry cuz it's probably not something spectacular and would end up sitting on the shelf for a long time and taking up space.

But I usually do try to grab a few sticks of something new and exciting when I am in at the B&M.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 05:14 AM 11-15-2011
Both for me. As I have been venturing out more to B&M's I am finding that some have really great selections. As my knowledge around cigars continues to increase I don't mind going to B&M's as much because I know what I am looking at.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:25 AM 11-15-2011
I would rather buy cigars at a B&M, it is just a better all around experience.
Plus I can drive to Famous or CI if I want to. I do buy most online though just to save a couple bucks.
[Reply]
yourchoice 05:29 AM 11-15-2011
I buy from B&M's at times, but mostly on-line.
[Reply]
kickerb 06:28 AM 11-15-2011
i always like supporting my local, but a lot of times I just cannot find that good of a selection unless I look online.
[Reply]
dave 06:36 AM 11-15-2011
Mostly online. But, I love going into a nice B&M. The company, the smell inside the humidor, the chance to try something recommended by a knowledgeable tabaconist that I'd have never ordered, etc. I have trouble passing a B&M without going inside (unless I've been before and found the place unsatisfactory.) And I won't walk out of a B&M without buying something - something tugging at me that says I should support the little guy, even if it cost me a couple bucks more than online.
[Reply]
ktblunden 07:18 AM 11-15-2011
I tend to buy mostly online, though I do support the good B&M near me. If there was a real indoor lounge closer to me than 70 miles away I would frequent it a lot, but unfortunately not. It's a shame CA hates cigars so much, it makes it very difficult for people to open up lounges.
[Reply]
loki 07:20 AM 11-15-2011
the sticks that online venders sell are of a lower quality then what gets sent to shops.
[Reply]
E.J. 07:27 AM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
the sticks that online venders sell are of a lower quality then what gets sent to shops.
:-).......
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:48 AM 11-15-2011
Excluding CA WTS threads, I make one or two on-line purchases per year. Almost all of my cigar budget goes to my local B&M.
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 07:55 AM 11-15-2011
I have a buddy that runs a cigar store in FL. When I want something, I call him up and place the order. Great prices, killer selection....can't beat it.
[Reply]
colinb913 11:10 AM 11-15-2011
I do both, because I get a discount at the shop I work at, I tend to get better prices than online on the sticks we have in stock. But for the select few cigars we don't carry, I grab them online.
[Reply]
OLS 11:16 AM 11-15-2011
Online Only, and even that's over for me. One thing about the internet, when I tell it I am just looking,
it doesn't blab non-stop in my ear and shadow me from one corner of the humidor to the other.
[Reply]
stearns 11:16 AM 11-15-2011
mostly in store. your local tobacconist needs your support
[Reply]
loki 11:40 AM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
:-).......
someone had to say it :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:42 AM 11-15-2011
Most of my stuff is grabbed online.
[Reply]
Benwoo 12:11 PM 11-15-2011
When I was near the cigar bar in San Mateo I would try to give them money in some fashion, whether it be lots of pool, beer (even though I'm not a beer guy) or a couple sticks. I usually smoked my pipes then though and they didn't stock pipe stuff, so it was more beverage sales. Since I have moved away recently I don't have a local outlet. Most of my cigar and pipe tobacco purchases are online though. Selection, pricing, and not having to leave the haus makes it far too convenient not to, but I still tried to support local if I felt they deserved it.

Chris
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up