Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Taboo gets the big BOO today...
mikeyj23 09:23 AM 11-29-2008
He smoked a cigar, it wasn't great, he reviewed it. Not every review has to be rainbows and butterflies.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:37 AM 11-29-2008
Originally Posted by mikeyj23:
He smoked a cigar, it wasn't great, he reviewed it. Not every review has to be rainbows and butterflies.
:-)
[Reply]
SmokinApe 09:52 AM 11-29-2008

It' amazing how people get worked up when a negative review is posted... Unless it is for Gurkha or Rocky Patel...
[Reply]
DKPRLP 10:28 AM 11-29-2008
I've had a couple of twists and enjoyed them very much. I got a couple Havana LRs resting in the humi and will reserve judgment on them.
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 10:53 AM 11-29-2008
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
I have indeed tried many of the Havana LRs in the past, probably 4 others. I like them. That was why this was so frustrating. Smoking conditions were solid as far as I'm aware, I was outside and it was probably 55 out. Wasn't even that dry outside, as rainy season has come to Iraq. My humi stays at a constant 70/70 unless my hygro is lying to me. I really wasn't trying to bash Taboo. I've had great service and great cigars from them. As a matter of fact, Rob has already contacted me about this post. I'm not looking for him to correct the situation though, cause it wasn't anything he did. Bad sticks just happen. I get that.

For those that took this post as an offense, I would say that I thought this forum was to discuss cigars. Not just good, positive experiences with cigars. I didn't bad mouth Taboo, or Rob. Nor will I, because I have enjoyed many of his products.
I thought the OP put his experience into perspective and not dissing the Taboo in general. We all know that any cigar line can have the occasional issue with the odd stick. It's frustrating when you anticipate a good smoke which ends up being plugged.
I've had about 6-8 of Robs smokes and never had an issue. Most of them are pretty tasty, and the customer service is the best. Keep up the good work Taboo.:-)
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 01:57 PM 11-29-2008
The wrapper cracked again up by the wrapper
i'm still trying to figure this one out....:-)

if a dude doesn't like a cigar, he doesn't like a cigar. there is nothing wrong with talking about a shitty cigar experience on a "cigar" board. in no way, shape or form did i feel he was bashing taboo or the owner of taboo. so telling him that he shouldn't be talking in the open aboot that is a big pile of malarky (yea i said it..malarky! lol that's funny)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 02:12 PM 11-29-2008
Mikey, I would personally rank the Twist as a unicorn but that's just me...

Thanks for the review and thank you for your service.

The Twist is an everyday smoke for me - this happens and as many have stated I'm sure Rob appreciates the feedback, good or bad - makes every business better.
[Reply]
Bax 02:27 PM 11-29-2008
I personally love to hear a bad review once in a while. I've loved most of the Taboo's that I've had, but the last twist I had was aweful. Probably a bad stick and I intend on smoking more. The best part of this group is the honesty and being able to express your thoughts, good or bad.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:39 PM 11-29-2008
I've tried more than few and I havn't had a Taboo that I liked. Good construction, flavor not so much.

[Reply]
icantbejon 03:09 PM 11-29-2008
Originally Posted by Jay Hemingway:
i'm still trying to figure this one out....:-)
See, what I had meant was..... :-)
[Reply]
nozero 03:51 PM 11-29-2008
It happens. Glad you didn't say your off Taboo from now on. IMO, you'd be missing out. I've had most of the Taboo blends and have enjoyed most all of them. I had a bad experience with a couple of the last few I had in the Lancero size, but really enjoyed the ones before those. It happens.
[Reply]
Taboo Cigars 04:41 PM 11-29-2008
OMG..........This thread is still going?? I've pm'd with our Brother here and no problems. Offered to take care of him and he said I've done enough. He just had a bum stick, it happens.

Anyway, Hello Inmates!

Not to change the subject, but let's do something fun!

I'm going to post a contest in a few minutes and give away some cigars!
(in the contest section)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Appreciate all the support.
Rob
[Reply]
shilala 04:53 PM 11-29-2008
I ran down to the end of this thread to say "when Rob sees this, I bet he offers to send a replacement".
I was too late.
I've posted a lot of comments about sh!tty cigars along the way and I can honestly say that not one time has Don Pepin, Rocky Patel, Arturo Fuente, or any of a host of others ever offered to send me another cigar.
That's the difference right there. :-)
There aren't many people that care more about their product than the money they make from it. I wish they'd all watch how Rob does things and take a lesson from it.
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 12:36 PM 11-30-2008
See, what I had meant was..... :-)
[Reply]
Golfpro 01:24 PM 12-01-2008
I've smoked many Taboos of all kinds and sizes and while they are all not my favorite I've found enough of them that now 90% of my humidor is Taboo. As far as the Limited Reserves go the Habano 2000 is my favorite and really like the Robusto.

As with any cigar brand every now and then you get one that doesn't preform as the others and yes I've had a bad Taboo. But when I mentioned this to Rob and folks at his store he sent me another right away, bet you never had other brand do that for you?

With the qulity of the smokes and Rob's customer service I've quickly become a loyal customer.:-)
[Reply]
floydpink 02:15 PM 12-01-2008
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I've tried more than few and I havn't had a Taboo that I liked. Good construction, flavor not so much.

I give a cigar 3 chances before completely writing it off. So far I couldn't finish a twist and disliked the exotic maduro a great deal, so I hope #3 is a charm or I'm done.

I really thought the exotic maduro would be a winner as I love most maduros but, to me, this was a very unimpressive cigar. Sorry, but I am honest.

Working for the last 18 years in marketing has taught me a lot and I salute Rob's efforts.
[Reply]
Chris. 03:08 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by shilala:
There aren't many people that care more about their product than the money they make from it. I wish they'd all watch how Rob does things and take a lesson from it.
:-) Rob is a great guy with AMAZING customer service!:-)
[Reply]
rlaliberty 08:49 PM 12-06-2008
this is odd. i got one of these in their major sampler maybe a month or so ago. literally, the same exact thing happened. i had never had the lr havana. the others from the package have smoked fine.

odd.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up