Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>They all taste the same.
Savor the Stick 07:02 PM 09-28-2011
Earl How are the cigars I sent you smoking? I have a Vino-temp with Scott's beads....all humidity problems stopped when I started to use his beads.

How was that DPG black from'08?

You could be dealing with a sinus issue, when everything starts tasting and smelling the same (cigar-wise) I do a nasal rinse. (Taking care of your sinus cavity.) Check out this thread.

You might have the beginning of a sinus thingie. :-)

[Reply]
Fordman4ever 07:12 PM 09-28-2011
I haven't smoked the DPG black yet. I smoked the havana classico and it tasted just like everything else from my humi. you may be right about the sinus thing. I'll have to give the rinse a try.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 07:32 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
I haven't smoked the DPG black yet. I smoked the havana classico and it tasted just like everything else from my humi. you may be right about the sinus thing. I'll have to give the rinse a try.
Well good luck with it...shame everything out of your humi tasting the same.

the DPG Cuban Classic is referred to as the DPG black, I think because there are the blues out there made by DPG. Doesn't make much sense to me. :-)

Let us all know if things straighten out for you.

[Reply]
Fordman4ever 09:01 PM 09-29-2011
I'm airing out my cigars for a bit to see if letting them dry out some will affect the flavor. I also aired out my beads to bring down the humidity some. I emptied both humis to inspect them and found no mold. I smoked a Cain Daytona tonight and about half way through the flavors came back. I think I may have had my smokes just a little too wet. We'll see how this progresses over the next couple of days.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:07 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:

the DPG Cuban Classic is referred to as the DPG black, I think because there are the blues out there made by DPG. Doesn't make much sense to me. :-)
They are called blacks because the band is black. :-) The DPG Blue is called just that, DPG Blue Label. Then you have the DPG White Label and the El Rey de los Habanos line aka: red label.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 09:12 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
They are called blacks because the band is black. :-) The DPG Blue is called just that, DPG Blue Label. Then you have the DPG White Label and the El Rey de los Habanos line aka: red label.
Yes that's true but it also has the name "Cuban Classic" on the band. It doesn't make much sense I mean why not call the DPG JJ Maduro the "Brown and tan"?:-):-)

Just seems a little strange, is that the only cigar called by the color of the band instead of the name on the label? :-)

[Reply]
Fordman4ever 07:15 PM 10-02-2011
I think my problem was just my palate. I've smoked very different cigars and tried paring them with different things and while the cigars start off tasting the same, i'm starting to get the flavor back. i'm probably going to hold off on smoking for a few days and see what happens. Thanks for all the great advice everyone.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up