Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Just ordered a new Cutter Cuban Crafters.
Steve 01:19 PM 09-28-2011
Steel (heavy little sucker too!)
[Reply]
shilala 01:21 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
Honestly, it didn't take me long to figure out the way of the Palio. Last cutter I will buy. Most likely, anyways. Now I need to get a good lighter. Though now that I've learned how to properly purge, my Ronsons and Lotus are working great!
Palios pinch the web between my thumb and forefinger and make me bleed and curse. Strangely, that adds nothing positive to my cigar experience. :-)
[Reply]
Steve 01:21 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by kickerb:
Also, to me it takes off too much of the cap. Does good with larger ring gauge cigars, but will butcher the small rig gauges.

:-)
BTW, I usually [unch smaller RG's, or I just don't put as much cigar into it. Just because it has the plate, doesn't mean you have to use it.

:-):-)
[Reply]
irratebass 01:23 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by steve:
Steel (heavy little sucker too!)
Nice :-)

Well I am still excited to get mine lol
[Reply]
pektel 01:28 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Speaking of which and not wanting to start a nother thread which is better: a dual or triple flame, my cheapo triple flame that I have and love (built in punch is why I love it) seems to run out of fuel too often, unlike my single flame Ronsons.
Well, they do use three times the fuel... :-)

I prefer a single flame for most occasions. Unless I've going camping or something, then I bring the triple flame and the can of fuel. Single flame are way more accurate for touchups. Triple flames are awesome for lighting larger RG sticks, or if you're in a windy area. They both have their purposes. Ive never used a dual flame.
[Reply]
pektel 01:29 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Palios pinch the web between my thumb and forefinger and make me bleed and curse. Strangely, that adds nothing positive to my cigar experience. :-)
That thought had crossed my mind. Fortunately, it's never happened to me.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:31 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
Well, they do use three times the fuel... :-)

I prefer a single flame for most occasions. Unless I've going camping or something, then I bring the triple flame and the can of fuel. Single flame are way more accurate for touchups. Triple flames are awesome for lighting larger RG sticks, or if you're in a windy area. They both have their purposes. Ive never used a dual flame.
My single flame tends to burn my thumb at times, especially during the beginning torching of the foot.
[Reply]
jledou 01:39 PM 09-28-2011
I have two friends that have the same cutter and swear by it. I have a similar Liga cutter from from a Drew Estates event but prefer either my Palio or Xi2 from Xikar.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:44 PM 09-28-2011
Thanks Jay
[Reply]
mkarnold1 01:44 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
My single flame tends to burn my thumb at times, especially during the beginning torching of the foot.
You could get a single flame that fires away from the ignitor button thingy (that is the technical term, right?). I don't think I could burn my thumb with mine. Incredibly helpful when lighting up after a few (or more) brewskies. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:46 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by deadrise:
http://amzn.com/B003MB0Q2Q this is the one i bought was about 13 after shipping and what can i say it just works great
I have the one above as well as this one http://www.amazon.com/Cuban-Crafters...7239077&sr=1-3. They both work great and I have never had any issues with them taking off too much of the cap -- but I also don't rest every cigar against the stop.

Having said that, I have a number of other cutters and I like all of them. The nice thing about the Cuban Crafters cutters is that they work very well and are very resonably priced.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 01:57 PM 09-28-2011
I have this duel flame and it is great. Currently my favorite lighter.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/honest-...ed-color-16740
[Reply]
irratebass 01:59 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
You could get a single flame that fires away from the ignitor button thingy (that is the technical term, right?). I don't think I could burn my thumb with mine. Incredibly helpful when lighting up after a few (or more) brewskies. :-)
Can you show me a pic of yours? All I have is 2 Ronsons and one I got at a gas station...it also burns me....maybe my thumbs are abnormally long :-)

Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I have the one above as well as this one http://www.amazon.com/Cuban-Crafters...7239077&sr=1-3. They both work great and I have never had any issues with them taking off too much of the cap -- but I also don't rest every cigar against the stop.

Having said that, I have a number of other cutters and I like all of them. The nice thing about the Cuban Crafters cutters is that they work very well and are very resonably priced.
That's a nice one and a good review, thanks Michael :-)
[Reply]
mkarnold1 02:51 PM 09-28-2011

It's an el cheapo that Mattso3000 hooked me up with. But the flame comes nowhere near my thumb.
[Reply]
irratebass 02:55 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
I have this duel flame and it is great. Currently my favorite lighter.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/honest-...ed-color-16740
That's a nice little lighter

It's an el cheapo that Mattso3000 hooked me up with. But the flame comes nowhere near my thumb.
Nice! Thanks for the pic
[Reply]
mkarnold1 02:57 PM 09-28-2011
I'm pretty sure that Matt got these little torches off dealextreme too. Here's the link:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/jet-130...lear-tank-1455
[Reply]
irratebass 03:01 PM 09-28-2011
I'm pretty sure that Matt got these little torches off dealextreme too.
Yeah, he said he just got 10 of them in the mail....I need to look at that site more, but I'm a litttle apprehensive about ordering any lighters in case they are junk, I guess they are good for bombs though.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 03:03 PM 09-28-2011
It's working great so far. Not sure for how long, but at $2.70 you can afford a few.
[Reply]
aaron72 03:12 PM 09-28-2011
I have this Cuban Crafters cutter and I'm a little disappointed with it. It's tough to get both blades to move together on mine, so one blade is more dominant and takes the cigar from the center of the opening. I think there may just be too much play in the blades and they don;t stay completely parallel with the rest of the cutter.
[Reply]
irratebass 03:14 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by aaron72:
I have this Cuban Crafters cutter and I'm a little disappointed with it. It's tough to get both blades to move together on mine, so one blade is more dominant and takes the cigar from the center of the opening. I think there may just be too much play in the blades and they don;t stay completely parallel with the rest of the cutter.
:-) Is yours the plastic one too?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up