Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>CI Slacking?
CasaDooley 06:52 PM 09-19-2011
Been dealing with CI since 2004, never had a problem. Maybe you could call their CS and if your order hasn't shipped, get them to pay the difference to upgrade to 2 day shipping.:-)
[Reply]
thechrisdotcom 07:05 PM 09-19-2011
I've never had a problem with them.
[Reply]
Hot Stuff x 05:58 AM 09-20-2011
I've had nothing but great service from CI, CIgar.com, and Cigarbid in the 3 years I've been dealing with them.
[Reply]
weak_link 06:45 AM 09-20-2011
Even if you do somehow get your cigars from CI before your trip you are going to be annoyed because they will be wet and not smoke well, continuing your dislike for CI. Sounds like it pays to plan ahead next time.
:-)
[Reply]
INT 06:55 AM 09-20-2011
I've been ordering from CI for about a year now. Never had any issues with any order, big or small. Show up in 4 days like clock work
[Reply]
dwoodward 07:04 AM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by weak_link:
Even if you do somehow get your cigars from CI before your trip you are going to be annoyed because they will be wet and not smoke well, continuing your dislike for CI. Sounds like it pays to plan ahead next time.
Well wish I could have, but I just started a new job after looking for work for over a year. I have no money and ran out of sticks at some point before getting the job. My first paycheck came last week finally so I quickly ordered up some sticks to get me by for a little while. Took my job over a month to get me my first paycheck. Can't believe they are weeks behind on payment cycles. It's kinda dumb, but it pays better than no job.

It's not like I purposely waited last minute. I had no choice.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 03:44 PM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Well wish I could have, but I just started a new job after looking for work for over a year. I have no money and ran out of sticks at some point before getting the job. My first paycheck came last week finally so I quickly ordered up some sticks to get me by for a little while. Took my job over a month to get me my first paycheck. Can't believe they are weeks behind on payment cycles. It's kinda dumb, but it pays better than no job.

It's not like I purposely waited last minute. I had no choice.
Your priorities are crossed. You should be more upset over your check than an order of cigars. In a way it is your fault for allowing them to slide on your payment for a month. Who does that in this day and age, there is no excuse. And call CI, they have crossed orders on my before and i've always got them to correct it or refund me lighting fast.
[Reply]
deadrise 12:43 AM 09-21-2011
I use cbid the most and i got spoiled for some time i do weekly shipping and the order is normally shipped Thursday and i get them on Friday. now lately especially holidays my cigars do not ship till Friday and with Monday a holiday i get them Tuesday I make it a point not to order on holiday weeks anymore
[Reply]
dwoodward 10:27 AM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
In a way it is your fault for allowing them to slide on your payment for a month. Who does that in this day and age, there is no excuse.
How little you know. Before you jump my stuff, just know that I was on them every day for like 2 weeks about my paycheck. I missed bills because of them. They just said sorry and that it's the same for all new employees I had to work 2 full paychecks to get the first one. I dont understand it either, but to be honest this company operates so extremely different than any company I have ever worked for. It's just weird. Some of the guys said they have gotten regular paychecks 1 month behind or longer.

Believe me, I am not happy that they are so messed up with their pay cycles, but its better than not working at all, for now I will just have to deal with it.

Package shipped yesterday finally. UPS says:

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 09/22/2011, By End of Day

I sure hope so.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:40 AM 09-21-2011
This thread just boggles the mind.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
schollianmj 11:56 AM 09-21-2011
newbie here on the forum, but Im just gonna chime in here on my experiances with CI...

I have made many orders from them over about a two year time. A couple times there was a small issue, but they have always made it right for me. Once I got a number of small Tins of baby cigars for a road trip and one of the tins was crushed in the center of the edge. I took a pic of it and called Customer service. they sent me a replacement tin and sent it out with two day shipping for free. and I was told to keep the crushed tin of which I found 3 sticks damaged.

Another time I had ordered a number of singles and they forgot to put in a couple of the sticks I had paid for. I again called customer service and they shipped out the missing sticks and a couple freebie sticks as well to make it right.

Basically i have found that even though they are a big online retailer, they are still human. they will and do make mistakes. i dont get upset about the mistakes, as long as they make it right with me, the customer. as long as you call them and explain what happened and BE CIVIL to them, they have always made it right for me and kept me happy.

just my .02 here....
[Reply]
weak_link 04:09 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
This thread just boggles the mind.
Posted via Mobile Device
It boggles something allright. :-) :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 05:17 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
How little you know. Before you jump my stuff, just know that I was on them every day for like 2 weeks about my paycheck. I missed bills because of them. They just said sorry and that it's the same for all new employees I had to work 2 full paychecks to get the first one. I dont understand it either, but to be honest this company operates so extremely different than any company I have ever worked for. It's just weird. Some of the guys said they have gotten regular paychecks 1 month behind or longer.

Believe me, I am not happy that they are so messed up with their pay cycles, but its better than not working at all, for now I will just have to deal with it.

Package shipped yesterday finally. UPS says:

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 09/22/2011, By End of Day

I sure hope so.
I'm not sure I follow everything here. You ran out of money and couldn't buy cigars. You missed bills/payed bills late because you ran out of money and your new employer doesn't know how to cut a check. Your taking a trip after a whole year off from working after one month back in the working world. And then you spend money on cigars when you couldn't pay bills not too long ago. I'm missing the logic here, if I were you I would have called them and cancelled the order altogether and thanked lady luck for helping me resolve a bad lapse in judgement. Especially if others have said they have had the same issue before, that is bad warning sign. You should have taken that money and spent it on getting your resume professionally redone or something, so you can keep looking and find work that can consistently cut a check bi weekly. Or figure out what direct deposit is.
[Reply]
yachties23 05:55 PM 09-21-2011
In Soviet Russia, Cigars buy you.
[Reply]
bobarian 05:59 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by weak_link:
It boggles something allright. :-) :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68GeL8PafE
[Reply]
dwoodward 05:59 PM 09-21-2011
Never mind. It seems everyone on this board just wants to flame me for actually finding work while this state is at a 15%+ unemployment rate.

Whatever, I wont be posting for awhile.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 11:33 PM 09-21-2011

Methinks you just may be a bit sensitive. Everyone was posting their experiences with CI and then VS offers some sound advice and now everyone is flaming you?

Take a deep breath, step back and re-read the thread. :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 12:15 AM 09-22-2011
I ordered my humi from them, they sent me the wrong one and were pretty quick to get the right one sent out. That was my first experience with them, the second one went much smoother :-)
[Reply]
Ratters 12:25 AM 09-22-2011
Been buying from them and cbid for at least a decade. Only ever had one problem and they fixed it right away. Sorry you had troubles, but I find them to be really rare. And I buy A LOT. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:40 AM 09-22-2011
I have had nothing but positive experiences with CI. I hope that isn't considered flaming you.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up