Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>This Is Expensive!
SNKBYT 05:39 PM 09-11-2011
its not how much money you spend on cigars but the people you meet along the way down the slope :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:59 PM 09-11-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Can't put a price on stress-busting relaxation. :-)
Agreed! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:00 PM 09-11-2011
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
its not how much money you spend on cigars but the people you meet along the way down the slope :-)
:-)
[Reply]
cmitch 06:11 PM 09-11-2011
We have experienced financial difficulties as of late. Health insurance has skyrocketed, gas of course is expensive along wih no wage increase at my job in 4 years. My wife's work has gotten scarce as well. This results in a moratorium on cigars, so to speak. I don't need them and can do without them. I've cut way back on purchases and what few I have bought lately have been economy smokes. I've also cut back on my weekly smokes since bills come first. So, I know exactly what you mean.
[Reply]
maninblack 08:09 PM 09-11-2011
If you recognize it as a problem, then it probably is. But if you have the money, go for it.
[Reply]
Steve 08:28 PM 09-11-2011
I refuse to think about how much I've spent. As someone else stated, you cant put a price on relaxation.

Besides, I'm also a fisherman with a boat...(3 actually)

[Reply]
nofeardiver 08:40 PM 09-11-2011
It def is one hell of a slippery mountain bro! I dont even want to add it up... I know inhale only bought 4-5 boxes but a crap load of singles
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 10:54 PM 09-11-2011
$7k?? That's more money then I have seen in years lol. But when it comes to the love of the hobby I have heard it's better to not add up what has been spent :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 03:23 AM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
This is so true.
[Reply]
hammondc 07:31 AM 09-12-2011
I agree. It is an expensive ride. I am kinda of thinking of quitting. The wife and I are going to have a kid on the way soon. Cigars are an expense that is easy to drop. I have about 45 cigars left. Once they are gone, I am done. I only smoke 1-2 per week, so they should last a while. The good news is that it is all really good stuff left.
[Reply]
Tbagley 08:09 AM 09-12-2011
This thread got me thinking in how much I spent smoking this past weekend...not enough by many standards.
[Reply]
massphatness 09:21 AM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by Nathan King:
Cigars are a cheap hobby. One of these competition aerobatics models is equivalent in price to your entire collection, and you're only one mistake or broken part missed during a preflight check away from loosing the whole thing. Travel costs to district competitions are a large factor as well.

You think that hobby's bad, try getting wrapped up in this on a regular basis. Lots of coin there ...

[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:30 AM 09-12-2011
Welcome to the majors... :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
audio1der 10:52 AM 09-12-2011
As others have said, now that you've accumulated some stock, your buying will likely wane. As an added benefit, it can sit and mature before you get to all of it, improving with age. WINNING!:-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:58 AM 09-12-2011
Still helluva lot cheaper than collecting, say....wives. Believe me.
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:32 AM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:52 AM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by Nathan King:
Cigars are a cheap hobby. One of these competition aerobatics models is equivalent in price to your entire collection, and you're only one mistake or broken part missed during a preflight check away from loosing the whole thing. Travel costs to district competitions are a large factor as well.

Ain't equivalent to everyone here's collections, trust me. :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 11:59 AM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Just be glad you don't collect expensive cars!!!:-)
Or ex-wives.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:00 PM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Oops, not fast enough.:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:06 PM 09-12-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Can't put a price on stress-busting relaxation. :-)
I completely agree, cigars give you a chance to step away from your everyday life and enjoy a few minutes of peace. You can't put a price on that!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up