Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Illusione Ultra = Ultra bad!
Skywalker 10:40 AM 09-03-2011
Originally Posted by vudu9:
Again. Super sorry that the cigar was plugged. This is a rare issue with my line, as many of you know and is an easy fix. All comments positive and constructive are forwarded to the factory.

Dion.
The fact that Dion posted here with another apology, shows his commitment to his customers!:-)

BTW - Looks like I won't be smoking one today, but Mark (NorcalMark) at Tower Pipes & Cigars put one on hold for me to try!!!
[Reply]
shilala 11:20 AM 09-03-2011
Although Dion's response was maybe a bit cheeky, he's right on the money.
I mean no disrespect when I say "If a plugged cigar is going to effect you so dramatically as to ruin your night, you may want to try another hobby."
You're going to experience more plugged cigars, for sure. If you start smoking cc's, you can expect LOTS. It happens, and it always will.
Cigar smoking is supposed to be relaxing, brother. Maybe if you expect them all to be plugged, then it'll make your night if a particular cigar isn't plugged?
At any rate, I think you kinda went off the deep end on this, and I can say that from experience. I've gone off the edge more than once, myself. :-)
I just hope you can forget this and start enjoying your smokes again.

On a personal level, I don't smoke Illusione's because I don't care for Dion's persona, or the weird ideas and thoughts he's put out there in the past. His response to you was really no surprise to me at all. As far as I'm concerned, he can suck it. :-)
[Reply]
Brooks W 11:45 AM 09-03-2011
Some of these (and the Maduros) shipped a bit wet, but that cleared up after sitting a while...

The Mk Ultras are a great cigar, and I love the size...

Dion's stuff is NOT usually problematic, in fact, I have had VERY few problems construction wise with his sticks, and most have been exceptional...

Zach, send me your address, and I will send you another Ultra from my box, that I am sure you will not have a problem with :-)

~brooks
[Reply]
ZachF88 11:54 AM 09-03-2011
Well I will admit I probably did do over the edge a bit on this one. I've had many plugged cigars (including cc's) in the past, but they were still smokable (just a really hard draw). I haven't had time the past 2 weeks to smoke a cigar, nor can I really waste $9 right now, since my dog had hip surgery over a week ago. I only had about a 75 minute window to myself last night and I ended up spending a good 30 mins trying to get this plugged cigar lit. Again, sorry if I went off a tad, but I ultimately emailed Illusione to provide my feedback. I took Dion's reply as tongue-in-cheek.

Certainly, everyone is in-titled to their own opinion. I just hope you brothers don't end up with a cigar like this, whether or not it's an Illusione.

In the future, is there anything at all that can unplug a plugged cigar, besides long-aging?
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:56 AM 09-03-2011
Originally Posted by ZachF88:
In the future, is there anything at all that can unplug a plugged cigar, besides long-aging?
Draw tools work wonders on a plugged stick. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:59 AM 09-03-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Draw tools work wonders on a plugged stick. :-)
Here's a "plug" for my friend boom! He makes some very nice draw tools!:-)

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...18&postcount=1
[Reply]
ZachF88 11:59 AM 09-03-2011
Originally Posted by Brooks W:

Zach, send me your address, and I will send you another Ultra from my box, that I am sure you will not have a problem with :-)

~brooks
Thank you for the offer, but you don't have to do this to make things right.
[Reply]
Brooks W 12:39 PM 09-03-2011
Originally Posted by ZachF88:
Thank you for the offer, but you don't have to do this to make things right.
It is what BOTLs do...:-)

PM ADDRESS :-)

~brooks
[Reply]
Pat1075 12:51 PM 09-03-2011
I just cut my cigar then give a test draw if it doesn't draw it goes back in the humi until it will. Often times this system works out.
[Reply]
thechrisdotcom 12:53 PM 09-03-2011
I've smoked a couple Illusiones but never had a draw problem. I do find them to be pretty strong in strength for me which kind of turns me off. They kick my arse.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:28 PM 09-03-2011
I have good and bad cigars from many different manufacturers. Although a good or great cigar can really make my day, I don't let a bad cigar ruin my day. Life's too short...
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:08 PM 09-03-2011
Way to go, Brooks!!!:-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 06:14 AM 09-04-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
The fact that Dion posted here with another apology, shows his commitment to his customers!:-)

BTW - Looks like I won't be smoking one today, but Mark (NorcalMark) at Tower Pipes & Cigars put one on hold for me to try!!!
Sorry but it's no longer there. I gave it away.
[Reply]
tsolomon 07:04 AM 09-04-2011
Smoked an Ultra last night and the draw was a little tight, but I was able to smoke it. I used a Xikar multi-tool to just barely cut the cap. The draw opened up a little as I smoked it, but it went out once when I went inside to grab a glass of water, so I think they need some down time before smoking the next one. They have only been in my humidor for a week at 70%. I really enjoyed the stick and will probably buy a box.
[Reply]
fritz43096 08:23 AM 09-04-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
That'll happen. I've had plugged Illusiones, Partagas, Punch, Cohiba, Montecristo....You name it, they are hand made and so every now and then you'll catch a dud.

I wouldn't let one plugged cigar turn you off of any brand.

:-)
I'm close to finishing off a box of Illusione CG4s. Early on in the box I had a bad one that literally looked like a cigar load had gone off on the end of it. All the rest have been great. Illusione makes some great cigars (for my taste) so I wouldn't give up on them yet.
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 09:14 AM 09-04-2011
you could just send me your other illusions. I'll dispose of them for you.

But seriously, I wouldn't let one cigar ruin a whole brand for you.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:36 AM 09-04-2011
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
:-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 08:28 AM 09-05-2011
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
hahaha!:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 08:35 AM 09-05-2011
Think You Had One Bad Stick, Brother. I Smoke Illusiones All The Time & Never Had A Bad One. In Fact, Had An Awesome Illusione hl Maduro This Morning!:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 09:38 AM 09-05-2011
As to Dion's response. The problem with Email and texting is that it is one demential. He may have taken what you wrote vary serious and will follow up on it. I am sure he receives 100's of emails about his products (good and bad). I am impressed that at least he responded personally. He could have sent a canned response and just blow you off. I am not trying to make excuses for him, but look at what someone in his position deals with on a daily basses. just my two cents.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up