Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Would cheese go with cigars?
gbum 10:48 PM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I also don't really believe in eating while smoking, but to each his own and I just thought the cheese would go with a cigar.......I still might try it one of these days.
let us know what have you taste...
for me... i just limit my self to nuts and chocolates...
[Reply]
CoreyD 11:06 PM 08-25-2011
I'm from wi and I can say I have yet to try it but you spark some curiosity. I may even experience this with some other BOTL some day with several kinds of cheese.TY
[Reply]
icehog3 11:40 PM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I also don't really believe in eating while smoking,
Oh, you can believe, I've seen it done. :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 03:36 AM 08-26-2011
I have too, just seems like it takes away from the flavor of the smoke,but I don't know maybe some foods intensifies the flavor too.
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 06:47 AM 08-26-2011
I not only don't eat anything with cigars, I only drink water or coffee. I've been told that I have a discerning palate; when I was smoking pipes I wrote about 20 reviews, not a pro but more of an avid learner. My palate has yet to make those fine distinctions of taste of "leather, creamy, etc" that others can make. It doesn't take much to hose my palate, so I keep it clean.
[Reply]
WittyUserName 06:55 AM 08-26-2011
I eat just about anything while smoking. Just a couple of weeks ago I have a big ole cheese burger with some coleslaw and some backed beans. There was also chips and salsa and these pretty money sausage cheese balls. Through it all I kept on puffing.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:42 AM 08-26-2011
Most people drink a beverage smoking cigars, right? Beer, wine, spirits, soda... what the difference? I understand if you're reviewing a cigar or want to smoke the cigar for its own flavors one would not eat or drink anything they think would muddle the flavors. But how is any food, cheese or otherwise, different from saturating your palate with the flavor from the beer you are drinking, or the Bourbon you are sipping?
[Reply]
irratebass 08:30 AM 08-26-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Most people drink a beverage smoking cigars, right? Beer, wine, spirits, soda... what the difference? I understand if you're reviewing a cigar or want to smoke the cigar for its own flavors one would not eat or drink anything they think would muddle the flavors. But how is any food, cheese or otherwise, different from saturating your palate with the flavor from the beer you are drinking, or the Bourbon you are sipping?
I personally like drinking crown with my smokes, they really make the crown sweeter than normal.......beer tends to make my cigar taste fowl (this is jus my opinion of course), this is just regular beer like coors light, bud light, pbr (my fav)...and with Killian's & Fat Tire I feel the beer makes the smoke better, so I guess more expensive beer helps.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:51 AM 08-26-2011
Maybe the foul taste is actually the swill beer and not the cigar? :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 09:27 AM 08-26-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Ouch! Ya got me there, and there may be some truth to that statement.
[Reply]
Gophernut 09:53 AM 08-26-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Took the words out of my mouth Tom!

Actually a good smoked sharp cheddar or gouda does go with a cigar quite well. There is a cheese shop not far from home that sells a Chipotle Cheddar that also works. I think personally it helps if the cigar is a fuller bodied one. Thus it doesn't get overpowered by the cheese.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:18 AM 08-26-2011
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
Took the words out of my mouth Tom!

Actually a good smoked sharp cheddar or gouda does go with a cigar quite well. There is a cheese shop not far from home that sells a Chipotle Cheddar that also works. I think personally it helps if the cigar is a fuller bodied one. Thus it doesn't get overpowered by the cheese.
Thanks Steve, now I will def try it sometime.
[Reply]
Newbie_nick 07:39 AM 08-28-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Wisconsin Cheese Curds go excellent with cigars.
Spoken like a true Cheesehead!
[Reply]
Newbie_nick 07:41 AM 08-28-2011
I've really been trying not to drink anything heavy with my cigars, so I can taste the full flavor of the tobacco. I have noticed that a beer tends to deaden the taste, but water cleanses my palate in between puffs.

I've never tried to eat anything though. A buddy of mine is an amateur chef and he is great at pairing wine/liquor/beer with food, and I'm sure that you could do the same thing with cigars. Trial and error, baby!
[Reply]
irratebass 07:55 AM 08-28-2011
I really enjoy water with my smokes, but if I've had a hard day and need a good relaxing drink, I go for the crown.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:35 AM 08-28-2011
Parmaesan goes with everything.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 12:37 PM 08-28-2011
I'm a fan of mixing food and cigars. Had some chili cheese fries with one of my cigars last week while herfing. Nom nom nom:-)
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 07:55 PM 08-28-2011
I don't like to eat and smoke at the same time. The food is usually prepared without considering cigars, and vice versa.

But then again, if I have multiple items on my plate (which I often do... Oink oink), I don't eat them out of order. At thanksgiving, for example, i eat Turkey, THEN stuffing, THEN cranberry, THEN mashed potatoes, etc...

And no, I don't wash my hands 50 times a day... It's just how I like to eat!
[Reply]
Volusianator 07:59 PM 08-28-2011
I'm from WI, hell yes cheese goes with cigars. I'll take a nice 12 year old extra sharp cheddar anytime with a cigar.
[Reply]
Newbie_nick 03:16 PM 09-05-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
I'm from WI, hell yes cheese goes with cigars. I'll take a nice 12 year old extra sharp cheddar anytime with a cigar.
I love sharp cheddar cheese, but it would take a special cigar to offset the strong flavor of that cheese. What do you normally smoke with that?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up