Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>THIS is why you can't get a good deal anymore.
WittyUserName 08:13 PM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by cmitch:
I wanted a nub ash tray and bid over what they were selling it for on their site and an alert came up letting me know and asking if I wanted to continue.
Well.......did you bid anyway?:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 08:19 PM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by :
I wanted a nub ash tray and bid over what they were selling it for on their site and an alert came up letting me know and asking if I wanted to continue.
I've been eyeballin' one of those ashtrays too.....I want.
[Reply]
Hippiebrian 09:03 PM 08-25-2011
Bid sites scare me! I just go to retail sites and see who's cheapest. Also spend a few bucks regularly at the local b&m just to show respect for their hard work. Still, if I were going to use one, I'd do my homework first! Better to find out who will have a particular cigar in stock/on order and wait for it than pay way too much!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:10 PM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by cmitch:
This is INSANE:
Something is wrong. I click to place my bid but nothing happens.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:11 AM 08-26-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
3) The thrill of competition
4) ego
Exactly!
[Reply]
cmitch 06:20 AM 08-26-2011
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Something is wrong. I click to place my bid but nothing happens.
Just login in and use the auto bid feature!:-)

I took a screen shot of an alert and put it on my buddy's computer. It took him a bit to figure out why he couldn't click the okay button.
[Reply]
WittyUserName 06:43 AM 08-26-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I've been eyeballin' one of those ashtrays too.....I want.
cigarmonster.com is doing a mega mash-up right now and they have the NUB ashtray for $20.

Just a heads up.
[Reply]
SmokinCozy 09:10 AM 08-26-2011
Originally Posted by WittyUserName:
cigarmonster.com is doing a mega mash-up right now and they have the NUB ashtray for $20.

Just a heads up.
The Monster also has these cigars for 55 bucks.
[Reply]
neoflex 11:05 AM 08-26-2011
Yep, pretty much why I rarely bother logging on to see what I can score. Although I have been watching for Towers for the last four or so months and can never win because some tool bags bid the things up past the point where your no longer getting a deal or they just do the buy it now price which is usually the same as just logging on to CI and ordering it outright. I guess if it weren't for the guys paying retail or more than retail the auction sites would have been pulled down a long time ago.
[Reply]
Garbandz 03:08 PM 08-26-2011
Lot of $$$ for 12 cigars......
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up