Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: What is your preference, box press or regular round?
Box Press Cigar 27 24.55%
Regular Round Cigar 69 62.73%
Other 14 12.73%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Box Press vs. Regular
TheTraveler 01:31 PM 08-02-2011
Given a choice I'll always leave a box-pressed cigar in the box and smoke the round cigar.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:37 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Do they even make box-pressed CC's?
Like others pointed out, not a true "box press" perhaps, but certainly not truly round in the dress boxes.
[Reply]
nexprofit 02:04 PM 08-02-2011
i Prefer the Box press cigar. it just sits in my hand and mouth better.
[Reply]
nexprofit 02:09 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
I can honestly say that I cannot recall ever having a box pressed cigar to burn correctly. The worst were the old Onyx's. No matter what they would burn down one side.

Btw, how many cigars are offered in both a box press and non box press? I mean there are certainly marca's who offer both, but are they of the same blend or vitola?
CAO Brazilias are one cigar that come in multiple sizes and shapes including the box press. great cigar either way you go.
[Reply]
awsmith4 02:12 PM 08-02-2011
The term box pressed describes Cubans in dress boxes, some of these NC "box-pressed" cigars are pressed into squares before putting them in the box.

I, like Tom, prefer cigars out of Cabs and SLBs so I like round. To answer Wayne's question about whether or not marcas make round and box pressed or the same vitola the answer is yes when the vitola is offered in a dress box and a cab of 50. Examples: Party Shorts, RASS, Punch Punch
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:19 PM 08-02-2011
Box Pressed are easy to sit down almost anywhere!:-)
[Reply]
TBone 02:21 PM 08-02-2011
I'm not partial to either I love the Padron 64 and 26's and the RP Edges
[Reply]
Nathan King 02:21 PM 08-02-2011
I can honestly say that I cannot recall ever having a box pressed cigar to burn correctly. The worst were the old Onyx's. No matter what they would burn down one side.

Btw, how many cigars are offered in both a box press and non box press? I mean there are certainly marca's who offer both, but are they of the same blend or vitola?
Show me a man that has trouble with box pressed cigars, and I'll show you a man that hasn't had a Padron Anniversary.:-)

If you haven't guessed, I prefer box pressed cigars.
[Reply]
ucla695 02:25 PM 08-02-2011
Went with round. DBs come in second followed by box pressed in distant third.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 02:35 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Nathan King:
Show me a man that has trouble with box pressed cigars, and I'll show you a man that hasn't had a Padron Anniversary.:-)
That's funny. When I read Wayner's post, I thought, "Huh. I don't recall ever having burn issues with box-pressed cigars in particular" and a memory came immediately to mind of the last box-pressed stick I smoked, a Padron 64 Anniversary. It burned perfectly, top to bottom. :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 02:37 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by ucla695:
DBs come in second
DBs?

Diamond-boxed?

Double-boxed?

Dime-bags?

Dual-burners?

Death-bricks?

:-)
[Reply]
pektel 02:38 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
DBs?

Diamond-boxed?

Double-boxed?

Dime-bags?

Dual-burners?

Death-bricks?

:-)
My guess would be "dress boxed". different than the NC "box-pressed."
[Reply]
Bill86 02:40 PM 08-02-2011
I'm guessing he's referring to the slight box press of a dress box....

I prefer round.
[Reply]
wayner123 02:48 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Nathan King:

If you haven't guessed, I prefer box pressed cigars.
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
That's funny. When I read Wayner's post, I thought, "Huh. I don't recall ever having burn issues with box-pressed cigars in particular" and a memory came immediately to mind of the last box-pressed stick I smoked, a Padron 64 Anniversary. It burned perfectly, top to bottom. :-)
Yep, even the Padron's burn funky with me.

I guess the terminology can be a bit loose. When I think of box press, I think of LFD's series or the Onyx series where box press is in the actual name. I don't necessary think of a dress box that has cigars which are tightly packed together because of the way they are inserted into the dress box. The Punch Ninfa's come to mind as a great example of this, however I wouldn't consider them box pressed.
[Reply]
jsnake 03:00 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
601 Blue Maduros are a great example of a perfect burn, awesome tasting box press stick!! :-) :-)
Couldn't agree more. Probably the best box press cigar I have ever smoked. I prefer round torpedos though given a choice in any other cigar.
[Reply]
CigarNut 03:50 PM 08-02-2011
Yep, even the Padron's burn funky with me...
Sounds like a personal problem... :-)
[Reply]
fritz43096 04:24 PM 08-02-2011
Both.
[Reply]
dwoodward 05:32 PM 08-02-2011
I have only had a couple cigars that come in both box press and round... And I have to say the traditional round has always been the best shape for me.

With the box press cigars I always get weird tastes and the burn is always funky.
[Reply]
timj219 06:43 PM 08-02-2011
Most of the Oliva G vitolas are box pressed but they also offer a round robusto. A couple of my favorite smokes are box (or factory) press but I can't really say I prefer them to round as a rule.
[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 06:47 PM 08-02-2011
Not a huge fan of box pressed cigars, never really was. /shrug
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up